Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok upper 50's gent looking for a new ride and soon to follow one for the misses, mostly trail riding. Need comfort and reliability foremost electric start/reverse maybe heated shields, easy on gas for a fixed income type person. I probably would do a lot of riding solo so that is the reason for reliability. currently have 2003 MXZ 380's which seem bullet proof, just looking to upgrade a machine at a time. I found a 2013 MXZ 550fan for a reasonable price. Would this fit the bill or do I need to look for something else.. Thanks please be nice:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Get something with a 136" track, suspension is a lot nicer on bumpy trails. 1200 4 strokes are very nice rides, I know an older guy who has one for him and his wife. They both ride awesome and they can ride them all day and not be sore after.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
What kind of budget are you looking at? If you are not into high speed cruising you could look a one of the 600ACE or 900ACE motors. Four stroke, great on gas and more reliable than the two strokes.

·
Registered
353 Posts
A machine with a 600 ACE will fit you very well. The 550F good motor but no comparison to the ACE. I love my expedition sport 600 ACE, has everything your looking for unless your looking for speed. If you are happy with 50 mph and less it's good to go. 2up seat and very comfortable.Lots of good posts on here about the expedition sport 600 ACE.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know, 600 ace was my gut feeling. yup for the most part 50mph is my top speed, yes a 70-80 mph straight section of trail is there but not necessary.

136" track, ok, thanks for that info.

Budget wise- under 8000.00 would be nice

thanks

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
600 sport is worth a look too. Great value and proven 600 carb motor

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Last fall guys were posting verified 2014 600 sport prices at $5700-$5500. Of course no bells and whistles. 600's aren't the best on mpg though.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Go with the 600 ACE. I get 11 mpg with my 2011 550 Fan, plus all that disgusting oil smoke! 600 ACE for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts