Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a mechanic that is familair with trail converted 440s..i bought a 2004 440/600 last year put a 1/4 mile on it and it seized 1 cylinder,,,so i bought a 2006 440 motor with LC domes and had that put it in $1400 later ,,,drove that for 4 miles then boom! seized the opposite side cylinder...brought it back to the same guy, he fixed $500 even later,, and didnt get to ride it because the snow was gone,,but when i start it there is antifreese getting in the cylinder,,the opposite side of the new one,,yes probably gaskets,,but im still not sure if he knows about the computer and the wires that arent supposed to be plugged in or vise versa,,,i dont know much eather so i need help,,,i just want to ride this sled,,,any help or tips would be great,,i live in brentwood nh so anywere fairly close would be fine,,im kind of trying to stay away from dealerships,, thanks chris

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
There is a one man shop in Fairlee VT.right on main street (just across the bridge from Orford NH), he did my SDI motor for me about 9000 miles ago, still running great. He is no stranger to snow cross either. I would trust him with anything. He used to be an AC dealer and has spent a few years recently in a Skidoo shop.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
No help with a mechanic but I have to ask.........are you sure you are not "cold seizing" your motors?

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I'm sure you know you have to pre-mix your gas and oil. You probably want to strangle me right now. Just trying to help.
If it's happening that quick, i'd think it was an air leak?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure you know you have to pre-mix your gas and oil. You probably want to strangle me right now. Just trying to help.
If it's happening that quick, i'd think it was an air leak?
the first time i had oil injection,,,the second time i had pre mix and it was mixed,,im just so lost and dont want this happening again,,im already 4 grand into this thing

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im thinking he didnt know about the computer and unplugging certain wires,,,i had no idea either until i read up on it here,,i just want someone that knows what there doin to check it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts