Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I'm going through and aligning my clutches after installing the FPP solid mounts and STM Rage VIII. Can anyone fill me in on proper offset. I followed the BRP service manual specs for center to center, horizontal and vertical plane parallels (went with +1mm horizontal based on what other guys on here with solid mounts seem to running, as opposed to the 1.8mm that the manual calls for). I do not see any spec or procedure for offset in the manual. The BRP procedure calls for the use of their alignment bar, which I do not have. The drawing shows the bar pinched in the sheaves of the secondary and it appears to be touching the inner sheave of the primary with zero gap, but it doesn't specify this explicitly at all. If I am correct in the above statement, can anyone give me the thickness of the BRP bar so I can do the math myself, or recommend another method? I called STM and they said their offset spec is the same as the stocker. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
thickness of the bar does not matter as you are going off the fixed sheave. then you measure off that. so no matter the thickness of the bar it will always yield the same measurement. but a 3/8 bar works good

·
boost junkie
10,604 Posts
use a 3/8 bar and the offset is measured from the outer diameter to the bar

the 1 mm is the difference between the most front of the clutch to the most rear

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if you guys are following the dimension I need. It sounds like you guys are describing how to determine the 2 parallel planes - I'm good with those. I'm referring to offset as it relates to needing to move the engine left or right/shimming secondary so the belt rides straight from the primary to secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
They have it right.You are measuring from the back of your drive clutch to the outside of the bar.The thickness of the bar does not matter as long as it is not being pushed over by the inner sheave of the drive clutch.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. So what is the measurement dimension I'm looking for?

·
boost junkie
10,604 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Makes sense to me now.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,800 Posts
Diffrent clutches will have a diffrent x measurement

The tra might be 3/8 thick and s pb80 might be 1/4 which will mess up the x measurement

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got that. I will verify the STM.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just for kicks, does anybody have the exact thickkness dimension of the BRP tool?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thx

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry it took a little longer but ski doo bar is .375
Thanks. Got it all figured out. Gotta get the secondary 2mm further out. Shim kit on the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts