Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Who me ?
2,824 Posts
Can't even imagine how cold,painful and lonely that must have been.

Think he will return to mountain riding ?

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,333 Posts
Man that's quite a fall!!! And to have to stay out there overnight alone is something no one should have to do. Sometimes paying for great safety gear (sat phone, avalanche beacons, survial gear) is well worth it in an emergency. Glad to hear he got out okay and alive.

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
makes me re-think putting my survival pack on the sled. I have a back country pack I wear, but have my firstaid kit, emergency blanket and fire starters and such in the jocky box.

It all goes in the backpack tomorrow.

A couple of emergency candles in a snow cave can make alot of difference and keep you warmer than nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
All I can say is WOW, and can't wait to read about his side.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
This happened to a guy in Western Brook Gorge, Newfoundland. He was climbing up the hill and at the top it just drops off without warning, he was lucky and landed on a ledge around 200 feet down (i think). If he hadn't landed there he probably wouldn't have survived. He ended up having to walk out.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
makes you evaluate what you cary with you. one simple thing can save your life. i take alot of crap for what i carry in my pack. but, if i have to stay the night in the bush, on the trail or on a mountain. i am hoping to have a cabin built by the time s&r gets to me. if it takes a few days i might have running water, cable and electric hooked up. LOL! glad it all ended well in this story. ski

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was there that day. No need to rehash it all, read in on Snowest

Randy is still in the university hospital here in edmonton. Doing fine, just trying to recover from his injuries.

moral: rethink your pack and what you carry in it.

·
???????????????????
1,468 Posts
MXZ00 said:
Man he must have one huge rabbits foot
he is one lucky guy to still be alive.
[snapback]705292[/snapback]​
Rabbit foot!!! That dudes got a horseshoe right up his @ss!!! I would've been scared "edit for bad language"-less flying through the air that long. At least it give you plenty of time to say a prayer.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
glad everything worked out OK for ya's..

Gotta love this comment:

quite the nite, not what I expected from my first ride with a bunch of 4M members. Yellowhead helicopters had to get a bigger chopper to get randy's sled out. ( don't start with the apex weight jokes)
It was buried with justa ski or a mudflap stickin out. It was too far down to tell

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
yaouwzaasss....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.