1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I didn't know horsepower / speed was a problem? Last I heard they were running restrictor plates to reduce speeds. I'm not a fan.

·
Super Moderator
29,346 Posts
2021 is bringing an entirely new clean sheet car to NASCAR. The new one is supposed to be more relivant to today's cars.

I'm hopeful they don't screw it up, but we'll see.

One thing for sure is the stuff they're racing today has about nothing in common with anything anyone is currently building.

I'll give it a chance. :shrug

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
No more coming in for a splash of gas or running out of gas on the last lap? No more"save me some fuel" or weaving side to side to splash some gas into the fuel pick-up?

I used to be a big Nascar fan in 80's and 90's, attended a lot of races and have a showcase full of collectables, Somehow I just slowly lost interest. Now a lot of the guys I watched come up from rookies are retired.

Doubt that I will ever be a big fan again, but I wish them all the best. Maybe this will spark an increase in popularity. Interesting twist I wouldn't have expected.

·
Super Moderator
29,346 Posts
Agreed on Iron Head. I like some of the new stuff - I'm a big fan of Stage Racing, but Brian France sure ran it like a whacked out Crack Head...oh wait...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Never know the electric motor may offer some better acceleration?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,989 Posts
I was a big fan, watched every race. Stage racing turned me off it. I still watch from time to time, most just the last 30 laps.

If they didn't have pits and 8 laps of yellow between stages it might work for me. Stage ends, 1 lap of yellow to gather them up and go green again.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

·
Semi-professional Opinion Maker
1,003 Posts
I checked out of nascar when Tony Stewart retired. These days I cant watch the two races at Daytona and the two at Talladega. By the sounds of things I haven't really missed anything by making the switch to an extremely casual fan.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I like the idea of new technology in racing. NASCAR, Indy car, F1,GP m/c racing, motocross and snowmobile racing have been instrumental in development to most of what makes up today’s vehicle in technology and safety.It would be nice to return to racing, flag to flag competition without fuel strategies, stages, spotters, radio chatter,etc. Better to change with the times than to have empty stands and the end of the sport, and sports that need millions in sponsorship money have to be relevant to the sponsors targeted market. It could make it more affordable to lesser monied teams as well.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Nascar is not that fun any more to many rules that make the port dull. If they wana make it fun crank up the hp maybe add a turbo on them v8s so you get more hp an more efficiently . Thats why i watch gt2 racing now more going on an the cars they run are are super advanced.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts