Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
My buddy has two 1000s, one 06 X was bought new by him and he has had no issues with it, engine hasn’t been touched yet. It is very reliable and I was amazed by the gas mileage when riding with him with our 600s. His other was bought needing rebuild, but otherwise mint. He rebuilt the engine and all is great.

He rides them some and opens them up at times, but they are not beaten constantly. Some guys bought these just to beat on and run wot across the lakes all day. Nothing will take that for very long. Do the updates, and treat one of these right and they will treat you right back. Not to say they don’t have their specific issues. No doubt buying a used one will be a huge gamble, but so would most other 2 strokes. Future/maybe current collectable for sure.

·
Registered
2014 Skandic WT 2016 MXZ 600 Ace
531 Posts
Do you guys think the sled is worth rebuilding or should it be sold for parts?
Laddington. I know it is a totally different sled, different engine, etc... But for what it is worth.... A few years ago, I did a total restore on both a 2016 MXZ Sport and a 2014 Skandic. Both with a 600 Ace. The costs were about the same. On the surface, it was around $4,000 each. But in reality, it was more like $2,000 more, each. Some of the modifications did not work out, bought a bunch of special tools. And some of the up-grades were "off book" since they had nothing to do with the rebuild. I would not say for an instant that it was a sound financial investment. The dealership said I could probably sell the 2014 Skandic for $4,000, maybe $5,500. These were Covid projects. Worth every cent !!!

The thread below is a detailed history of the rebuild. The spread sheet PDF has all the costs. Be sure to scroll down past the blank pages in a few places. The conversion from MS Word to PDF was not so clean.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts