Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
How much kerosene? How much good gas was in there? Did you run the sled?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I've seen mechanics use kerosene as cleaner, Not sure why you would need to rebuild the carbs. Just blow out and put back together.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sled was in my front yard, with maybe 1/4 tank of gas, was half full when i drained tank, enough to overcome the smell of gas and drain red, did not start, only reason i noticed was one of my carbs was leaking, which was the float was stuck, ripped bowl gasket taking apart, im not rebuilding carbs just need gasket but was going to just get a cpl kits for future use

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also the culprit was my neighbor, pissed cuz i was riding around at 5pm and ge was sleeping, dummy forgot fresh snow leaves tracks, plus he never wiped the can off after so i just followed the drips of kero to his back shed

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Well, first off I'm having a heart to heart with my neighbor. Might want to bring a cop with you.

After that, get the carbs fixed with correct parts. No need to worry about the kerosene. As mentioned, old timers would add diesel, (basically kerosene) to gas all the time. Many fuel additives are kerosene based. So, drain the tank, refill and run it. Then thank your neighbor for the free additive.

Also, no rebuild kits for these carbs. Not like an old lawn mower anyway. Just a few brass jets and seats; maybe an o-ring under the float seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts