Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the status of "my" 500 mile check up.

I removed my exhaust to check the mounting bolts as requested by many on this site, and sure enough, they were coming loose and not seated. Not as bad as some have reported but again, I have under 600 miles to date. So please check them if you have not done so already.

I also tightened up my track and my belt. My belt was sitting quite low in the clutch. I tightened it to setting 5. (I'm not sure what it's called... but there's an adjustment wheel with settings from 0 - 6) As I mentioned, I'm on five now and my belt is about 1/16 (.06) above the clutch. Is this enough?

I also checked my drive chain and was surprised by how much this streatched also. I was able to turn it almost two complete turns before backing off to put the pin back in. Is this normal for a new sled?

I would be interested in any advise concerning the belt height level / drive chain. I don't have my manual with me for reference.

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Chaincase is normal I check mine every 500 or so miles new or not.My 06 got at least 2 turns within the first 500 miles. It sounds like you did the right adjust with belt also. Mine has 2200 miles on it and it has been flush with top since new but you have adjusted correctly.

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.