Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perfect day for an ice party/drag race. A good turnout, great ice. Some notables, Donny's Hotseat built Polaris was fast. My new toy needs some work, but I was happy to drive it back after a day on the ice. Chads 700 Yami ran very well, as always. Craig surprised a few with the added traction
. Redbone, well, he had a rough night, and things didn't get any better today.Justin runs a mean broom!
Dave's pipes came late friday, not bugged out yet. The sled has a big history, it will go. James, Well, I think he may have to get a new tuner. I'll give him credit, he went home, tried something and came back. 660, 1000, rolling starts, just didn't matter. Maybe some more spinach!
One thing everybody will agree on, Shelby is a BIG advantage in a little package.This little girl is lighting quick on the light, she uses her head, and will give alot of seasoned racers fits with that polite little grin when she spanks ya!!
I had a great time.
Thanks to Dave for driving his wheeler up. After he thawed out, we got things all plowed on friday.
See ya all next time!

·
Registered
116 Posts
1150 BM REV said:
Perfect day for an ice party/drag race. A good turnout, great ice. Some notables, Donny's Hotseat built Polaris was fast. My new toy needs some work, but I was happy to drive it back after a day on the ice. Chads 700 Yami ran very well, as always. Craig surprised a few with the added traction
. Redbone, well, he had a rough night, and things didn't get any better today.Justin runs a mean broom!
Dave's pipes came late friday, not bugged out yet. The sled has a big history, it will go. James, Well, I think he may have to get a new tuner. I'll give him credit, he went home, tried something and came back. 660, 1000, rolling starts, just didn't matter. Maybe some more spinach!
One thing everybody will agree on, Shelby is a BIG advantage in a little package.This little girl is lighting quick on the light, she uses her head, and will give alot of seasoned racers fits with that polite little grin when she spanks ya!!
I had a great time.
Thanks to Dave for driving his wheeler up. After he thawed out, we got things all plowed on friday.
See ya all next time!

[snapback]746875[/snapback]​
YON KNOW LARRY YOU ARE ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT, IT WAS A GREAT DAY OF RACING AND HANGING OUT WITH EVERYBODY. GOT ALOT OF GREAT RACING FOOTAGE. I WILL HAND IT TO JAMES FOR PUTTING FORTH THE EFFORT BUT JUST CAME UP SHORT. SHELBY ON THE OTHER HAND IS A DIFFERENT STORY AND I THINK EVERYONE NEEDS TO LOOK OUT. SHE'S GOOD OUT OF THE HOLE AND DOWN THE TRACK, ALL OVER JUST TOUGH TO BEAT. AND AS FOR CRAIG'S 800 HO FOR BEING STOCK IT RAN GREAT. I'M SURE YOU'LL WORK THE BUGS OUT OF YOURS AND THAT WILL BE AN IMPRESSIVE SLED. HAD A GREAT TIME EVERYBODY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING IT AGAIN IN TWO WEEKS.

ALSO A BIG THANKS TO BOTH LARRY AND DAVE FOR THE TRACK IT WAS GREAT GUYS!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
700SX said:
1150 BM REV said:
I had a great time.
See ya all next time!

[snapback]746875[/snapback]​
YON KNOW LARRY YOU ARE ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT, IT WAS A GREAT DAY OF RACING AND HANGING OUT WITH EVERYBODY. GOT ALOT OF GREAT RACING FOOTAGE. I WILL HAND IT TO JAMES FOR PUTTING FORTH THE EFFORT BUT JUST CAME UP SHORT. SHELBY ON THE OTHER HAND IS A DIFFERENT STORY AND I THINK EVERYONE NEEDS TO LOOK OUT. SHE'S GOOD OUT OF THE HOLE AND DOWN THE TRACK, ALL OVER JUST TOUGH TO BEAT. AND AS FOR CRAIG'S 800 HO FOR BEING STOCK IT RAN GREAT. I'M SURE YOU'LL WORK THE BUGS OUT OF YOURS AND THAT WILL BE AN IMPRESSIVE SLED. HAD A GREAT TIME EVERYBODY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING IT AGAIN IN TWO WEEKS.

ALSO A BIG THANKS TO BOTH LARRY AND DAVE FOR THE TRACK IT WAS GREAT GUYS!!!!

[snapback]746905[/snapback]​
You guys make it sound like we will never see eachother again, The Doo crew will be ready for you next saturday Chad HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Great day of riding THANKS GUYS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It was a great day at the pond!!!!and thanks to larry and scott for getting the track cleared.as for james well he has to be sick of pink......lol Is everyone going back up in two weeks?there were some funny moments at the pond yesterday ,like boner falling of the sled at the line,josh hitting the bushes at the end of the track..lol allin all it was a ton of fun!!!!

p.s.the doo crew meets at stewarts 7 am

·
Registered
116 Posts
rotax750 said:
98 srx.....I believe you hitting the bushes is what we call "Operator Error"

Good Times.....
Good Times....
[snapback]748164[/snapback]​
I'D LIKE TO SEE A COUPLE OF THESE PICTURES FROM THE POND. THEY SOUND PRETTY GOOD

·
Registered
1 Posts
rotax750 said:

Good Times.....
Good Times....
James B ... i know you talked to me today saying u wanted to run 98sx today but you are to late but if your sled is ready to day then you have two weeks to plan for the 18th.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Glad to hear you all had a great party and race! We just got in from a GREAT day of riding the beautiful Quebec trails ourselves. 175 miles from 1030AM to 6PM, and that was with a person that had never seen or ridden a snowmobile before! The next Pond meet is the 18th?

P.S. If any of you want to meet the owner of the WORLDS most powerful street car, stop by my house before noon tomorrow! (For a idea of how fast the car is, the fastest 6 speed Supra in the world runs [email protected] with one GT55 turbo, and this car has 2!)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Travis M said:
Glad to hear you all had a great party and race! We just got in from a GREAT day of riding the beautiful Quebec trails ourselves. 175 miles from 1030AM to 6PM, and that was with a person that had never seen or ridden a snowmobile before! The next Pond meet is the 18th?

P.S. If any of you want to meet the owner of the WORLDS most powerful street car, stop by my house before noon tomorrow! (For a idea of how fast the car is, the fastest 6 speed Supra in the world runs [email protected] with one GT55 turbo, and this car has 2!)
[snapback]748690[/snapback]​
HAY TRAVIS THATS GREAT YOU HAD A GOOD TIME RIDING THIS WEEK END
BUT THIS IS A SNOWMOBLIE TALK NOT CAR TALK!!! IF WE WANTED TO HEAR ABOUT FAST CARS WE WOULD BE ON A CAR SITE.

·
Registered
111 Posts
700SX said:
Travis M said:

BUT THIS IS A SNOWMOBLIE TALK NOT CAR TALK!!! IF WE WANTED TO HEAR ABOUT FAST CARS WE WOULD BE ON A CAR SITE.

[snapback]748792[/snapback]​
It was a great time riding, i think you guys would love it! I know this is a car forum, i've been on motorsport related forums for about 8 years now. I was just trying to spread the love with fellow motorsport lovers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Travis M said:
700SX said:
Travis M said:

It was a great time riding, i think you guys would love it! I know this is a car forum, i've been on motorsport related forums for about 8 years now. I was just trying to spread the love with fellow motorsport lovers!
[snapback]749584[/snapback]​
it dont matter if this is a sled site or not if you have a supra and u live and ti u better be darn proud
i no ill be up to see that car i must say the kid knows what he is dowin 2supras at one time a viper and a kick "edit for bad language" lexis and the rx1 that is probley one of the fastes sled in ti but not on low end b/c of the turbo lag

·
Registered
111 Posts
turbo this said:
Travis M said:
700SX said:
Travis M said:

[snapback]749584[/snapback]​
it dont matter if this is a sled site or not if you have a supra and u live and ti u better be darn proud
i no ill be up to see that car i must say the kid knows what he is dowin 2supras at one time a viper and a kick "edit for bad language" lexis and the rx1 that is probley one of the fastes sled in ti but not on low end b/c of the turbo lag

[snapback]749745[/snapback]​
Thanks for the kind words! The motorsport stuff unfortunetly does not intrest me anywhere near as much as it used to. I would sell the Lexus for the right price. It's more fun now to work on other people's stuff help them learn about boosted applications. As far as the RX1, the lag is really not noticable because it has the same low end as it did before as the motor was untouched.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I dont know about changing my tuner my sled was runnin ok still cant get the revs but i wouldnt bitch about the motor im only sick of the track racheting and the lack of hook up i had Chad i have been thinking of what you asked me what did i do to my sled since last year the answer is my track i sold the speed track over the summer i had great traction with it my picks were huge this year i have been running small picks .940 on a trail trackthey worked great on the glare ice but wouldnt do it on the plowed track after shaving it saturday night sunday it hooked awesome but it was too late maybe next time what do ya think about grass?

·
Registered
592 Posts
ps i ordered some anti rachet drives maybe some one can help here i have 8 tooth drivers the only antis i could find are 9 tooth im wondering if the anti rachets are supposed to be a tooth bigger

·
Registered
592 Posts
1evilevo said:
rotax750 said:

Good Times.....
Good Times....
James B ... i know you talked to me today saying u wanted to run 98sx today but you are to late but if your sled is ready to day then you have two weeks to plan for the 18th.

[snapback]748235[/snapback]​
are we gonna have ice on the 18th? pretty nice out there

1 - 20 of 109 Posts