Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have bin selling and setting up some of joes etec Xm-xs clutch kits . IMO these sleds with 146-172 tracks should come right out of the box setup with his setup . Yesterday I put a kit in a 2015 freeride 800 146 . With the stock clutching low elevation clutching it just felt flat and lazy back shifting not what a 17,000$ sled should feel like . With the dj kit in the back shift feels like a old Honda cr 500 dirt bike in 1st gear . And throttle response is way better . The guy that owns this sled took it out and said wow I did not think I could of loved my sled any more but now I do . Anyone on the fence on a kit ? I would suggest contacting joe

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,734 Posts
Everytime I get in a bad situation and hammer down im so glad sled goes to 7800 and holds it as long as it takes to get out..its spot on everyday,and haven't touched clickers once....dj kit was worth every penny..

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just finished an engine rebuild on my 11 Summit 800R and I decided to upgrade my clutches with DJ's kit. I took it out for the first time to run the motor a bit, and all I can say is WOW! The kit was spot on! I'm now installing a kit on my 14 Renegade X 600ETEC! I highly recommend DJ's clutch kits.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Purchased a kit from him. I put a 800r into a 14 rs chassis and kept the rs clutches. I took it for it's first rip and was SO disappointed. But I knew why. The clutching was way off. I told DJ about my problem and he knew exactly what I needed and I installed it within a few days of getting it. And yes, he knew exactly what I needed. It's a blast now

·
Registered
773 Posts
On my 4th sled with my 4th kit from Joe. Funny thing is from a 800 stock rev to a 770 or an 860 Mod he can transfer
every HP to the ground every time...........and at the end of the day that's all that matters :)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I had a DJ Clutch kit on my 06 (it came with the sled) and I did not understand how it helped out. I guess my expectations were maybe too high. I sold my 06 and bought a 13 which is an amazing machine compared to the REV Chassis and the XP Chassis as far as Im concerned but the sled came without a Clutch kit in it and after riding it a few times I realized this thing had way more power but I guess the best way to describe it is comparing it to turbo lag. The way DJ has designed his kits it gets rid of that lag. When your on the throttle and have to let off and get back on the the motor is right back up to full RPM.

I'm not into modding sleds too much anymore because its a waste of money however I will never own another sled that does not have his kit in it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Finally had a chance to ride...5 weekends in a row actually and wow, what a difference.

Skis in the air and a big grin on my face!

Just set up the sled for Wyoming last weekend...can't wait to get er out there and see how she does!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm a mountain sled wanna be so I've been browsing this forum lol, installed DJ kit on my 09 mxzx shorty with the 129 conversion and a 2" lug, wow what a difference. Rocks!! And his service is top notch, had some issues that he resolved right away. 100% recommend picking his kits up. It's roughly 2% of the total new cost of your sled and it is a night and day feeling.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So I've just got the skud factory low elevation kit in mine and I ride flatland, personally I think my clutches work fine, they hold rpm, don't over rev, I even think the backshift is ok, would I really feel an improvement with a DJ kit? And what's the price on them? Are the kits exchange units for your old clutch?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts