Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post this here also....

I finally went riding against a new mach Z, we did every type of riding and heres what happened. As posted before my 2000 T-Cat has a brand new 2001 motor complete with CDI which does seen to run quite a bit better on the big end. My only mods are my 2000 BM clutch kit and track. The clutch kit works perfect. 8500-8600 RPM

It was -20C and sunny all day, The mach had just returned from it's first checkup and had 500 miles on it. It was picked with 96 picks, something about the factory holes. I now had 125 miles on my new motor. We rode 150 miles together that day.

On complete powder on the lakes (tons of snow, 2 ft trench) it was pretty close to even. I was usually pulling away with my speedo at 95-100 max. I thought he would kill me in the powder due to my new 3/4" lug camoplast racing track with 192 picks and the weight of my T-Cat. My new picked track also weighs 12 lbs more then the original. 36/48

On a meally 7 mile long groomed lake trail we started from a standstill, he jumped out in front, about 2 sled lengths. I started the race with my right hand (I gotta stop doing that). In no time at all, 5 seconds maybe, I caught up and passed him and pulled to about 115 max on my speedo and he was well back. We let off and on a few times and the results were still the same, I was always pulling away.

The best run was on a plowed ice road with very hardpacked snow on it. We started racing at around 40 mph and I just pulled away all the way. We had to let off for a small turn and then we were back on for about 15 seconds full. My speedo was at 125 and still climbing. The mach was well back, I couldn't really tell how far as I had to pay attention to where I was going.

My new 2001 CDI definetly works better on the big end, I would say it was the same up until about 100 mph. I have had my speedo at 6 oclock before (2000 CDI) but only on ice.

I have a sticker similar to attached image if you are wondering where I am getting my speeds from.

Bring on the fusion. My T-Cats running fine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Why don't you go tell all your cat buddies on HCsledder or amsnow, maybe they care. Where are you from? Bring that pile to N. WI this weekend around Minocqua, we'll see how she runs. If your stock other than a clutch kit, the only thing you will be feeling is an "edit for bad language" kickin'!!!......................LOL

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
FeelTheThunder said:
Just thought I would post this here also....

I finally went riding against a new mach Z, we did every type of riding and heres what happened. As posted before my 2000 T-Cat has a brand new 2001 motor complete with CDI which does seen to run quite a bit better on the big end. My only mods are my 2000 BM clutch kit and track. The clutch kit works perfect. 8500-8600 RPM

It was -20C and sunny all day, The mach had just returned from it's first checkup and had 500 miles on it. It was picked with 96 picks, something about the factory holes. I now had 125 miles on my new motor. We rode 150 miles together that day.

On complete powder on the lakes (tons of snow, 2 ft trench) it was pretty close to even. I was usually pulling away with my speedo at 95-100 max. I thought he would kill me in the powder due to my new 3/4" lug camoplast racing track with 192 picks and the weight of my T-Cat. My new picked track also weighs 12 lbs more then the original. 36/48

On a meally 7 mile long groomed lake trail we started from a standstill, he jumped out in front, about 2 sled lengths. I started the race with my right hand (I gotta stop doing that). In no time at all, 5 seconds maybe, I caught up and passed him and pulled to about 115 max on my speedo and he was well back. We let off and on a few times and the results were still the same, I was always pulling away.

The best run was on a plowed ice road with very hardpacked snow on it. We started racing at around 40 mph and I just pulled away all the way. We had to let off for a small turn and then we were back on for about 15 seconds full. My speedo was at 125 and still climbing. The mach was well back, I couldn't really tell how far as I had to pay attention to where I was going.

My new 2001 CDI definetly works better on the big end, I would say it was the same up until about 100 mph. I have had my speedo at 6 oclock before (2000 CDI) but only on ice.

I have a sticker similar to attached image if you are wondering where I am getting my speeds from.

Bring on the fusion. My T-Cats running fine

[snapback]280527[/snapback]​
Are you sure the "Z" is going in the same direction?

·
Registered
601 Posts
He probably had a fouled plug, thats why you got him...

·
Banned
56 Posts
FEELTHETHUNDER,

DIDN'T ANYONE TELL YOU , YOU ARE NOT SUPOSED TO TELL THE TRUTH ON THIS SITE. T-CATS ARE OLD ,HEAVY AND RIDE LIKE CRAP.

A FIRST YEAR SLED FOR 11K IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.

ONLY POST IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT FOULED PLUGS , ENGINE LITES, BROKEN SECONDARIES, GAS TANKS THAT RUN OUT WITH TWO GALLONS IN THEM , OR BULK HEADS MADE OUT OF WELDED UP HEAT EXCHANGERS.

SWEET DESIGN, WHEN YOU PUNCTURE THE HEAT EXCHANGER YOU GET TO BUY A NEW BULK HEAD ..............COOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
75F/A said:
FEELTHETHUNDER,

DIDN'T ANYONE TELL YOU , YOU ARE NOT SUPOSED TO TELL THE TRUTH ON THIS SITE. T-CATS ARE OLD ,HEAVY AND RIDE LIKE CRAP.

A FIRST YEAR SLED FOR 11K IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.

ONLY POST IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT FOULED PLUGS , ENGINE LITES, BROKEN SECONDARIES, GAS TANKS THAT RUN OUT WITH TWO GALLONS IN THEM , OR BULK HEADS MADE OUT OF WELDED UP HEAT EXCHANGERS.

SWEET DESIGN, WHEN YOU PUNCTURE THE HEAT EXCHANGER YOU GET TO BUY A NEW BULK HEAD ..............COOL

[snapback]281391[/snapback]​
That's hilarious

This mach didn't have any of those problems but for a while he couldn't steer due to snow/ice buildup in front, that was scary looking.

Tough crowd around here....

I made a post on a Yammie board once when a RX-1 beat my T-Cat on top end and the yammie guys didn't seem to mind me posting

·
Registered
152 Posts
You got watch these guy's Thunder there very sensitive ! ! If your even close to the back of a Z's flap you'll get them all riled up.

Oh by the way, how many plugs did your new engine foul ? ?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Let's see-you lost to an RX-1 and beat an 05 Mach Z?? Something doesn't compute here-unless the RX-1 had a turbo. Either that or the guy with the Z doesn't know about taking the clutch out of clicker #6.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm an x t-cat owner that owns a 05 mach and have to agree that something must be off with that dudes mach. My old t-cat had a lot more than just a clutch kit and I have raced it and it can only beat me by 3 lenghts in 1500 feet. My mach is bone stock, but not for long the t-cat is going down soon. Don't get me wrong t-cats are awesome sleds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes i was out on the weekend also with buddy and his 2005 machz
on the lake and out of the hole he is stronger but once we get pass 70 mph
he gets a good look at my snow flap the the longer the lake the further back he is
after about 1 minute of wot he needs binoculars to see my flap and we made sure to install 2 new spark plugs after his sled was warmed up before the race and made sure he was going the right way also not the wrong way as he did when he purchased it

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW did you see that cat pass everyone told you awsome sleds
man you sure you didn't get the wrong video i thaught the machchicken was
supposed to be in front

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.