Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my sled last summer and finally put a few miles on it a couple weeks ago. Me and my wife noticed a huge difference from my old 04 mxz 550ss. This thing rides amazing!! If it wasn't for the Arctic cat in the group overheating constantly it would have been a great trip!!! I left all adjustments from the previous owner and it was set to the firmest setting all around. Me and my wife might be close to 300 lbs together. Where should I have this set? This weekend it's going to be me and my son (about 220 lbs together) and I knocked it down to the middle all around to get an idea for a starting point. We trail ride in Wisconsin. My other question is should I have a spare belt? I thought I read somewhere that there don't really eat belts like the 2 strokes. My sled has 3500 miles and don't know the history for this belt. Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Carry a extra belt with you just in case something happens, or one of your buds blow a belt.

This would be a good poll, how many people with 4-strokes have blown a belt?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered my spare today and it will be here at 8am before I leave. $56 for a gates should be fine for a spare. Thanks for the link to the operators guide! That's exactly what I was looking for!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it has the r-motion, when alone I run everything at 3, I'm 215lbs. If it was me and my wife 4 on the shock, if really rough maybe 5. 5 is pretty stiff. The ride quality on the GT is exceptional.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's the 1200. I had the rear set to 3 and we bottomed out a couple times but I left it alone. I have a couple pictures but don't know how to post em!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts