Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
I like that idea !! The more i look and ride my 900R : the more i find the engine bay gets VERY hot ! How about the same on the right side, but as a cooling duck for the turbo and down pipe and some heat shield for the oil filter ... with a heat extractor on the panel ? That would be as sweet as it gets ! That oil filter is getting cooked in there !

Fresh air gets in from the front but dont have an escape path ...

· Registered
14 Posts
When you have a sled with data logging capabilities you would be astonished with the difference intake routing, placement and filters make performance wise.
I second that ! I did built big money rally car's in the past for the canadian rally championship : Once i have start to play with '' forced fresh air intake '' AND heat extractors , on fully datalogged cars , i was BLOWN away by the logs : as much as 150 degree celcius Colder IAT on the Hot side of the boost pipes , and close to ambian temps on the cold side of the bost pipe , just from forced fresh air and intercooler/oil cooler hot air extractors ... with some basic heatshield/heat wrap in all the critical areas

I 100% Believe these sleds are no exception.. the 900R engine bay gets CRAZY hot and almost no hot air to be extracted from the engine/turbo/intercooler area !

The intake pipes gets pretty cooked

i 'am sure if speedline does some datalogging on the IC piping on both cold and hot side to compare its Fab intake and heat extractor , back to back on the same day on 2 same sleds but these as only diffences : we will be all amazed on the differences it can make ont the temps !

Good job!

· Registered
14 Posts
I may add from my mecanics point of view that These are the kind of ''silent'' mods that people dont see direct effects like more power, or better handling... and some bad mouth about these...

But theses are the Best mods an engine can receive for realiabily sakes and performances consistancy !

Happy oil/Iat temps makes engine last longeur, turbos happyer , and engine oil life extended too , so does piston and combustion chambers ( cylinder pressure) .., less timming pulled form the ECU , colder Iat's , happy ecm tune stays on the bulleyes , and way more consistent engine performances in generals no mather the out-side temps and trail conditions !

it dosent mean that because the coolant temps reads consistant 75C temperature, that the IAT are nice and cold and that there is no timming pulled from the ecu and that the engine performance is on top of its game !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts