Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
RV Mod Maniac
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so guys look what i picked up today. 99 F3 800 with 4500 miles. Runs like new. needs a little maintenance here and there to replace some worn parts and such and of course modding the motor up and a set of triples. (already know for a set)

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Musical instrument

1st one! always wanted a triple!

Attachments

·
What's snow? It's been so long I can't
3,598 Posts
so guys look what i picked up today. 99 F3 800 with 4500 miles. Runs like new. needs a little maintenance here and there to replace some worn parts and such and of course modding the motor up and a set of triples. (already know for a set)

View attachment 191866

1st one! always wanted a triple!
Nice! I'm still looking for a Mach Z, I have a while before the snow flies though.

·
RIDE RED!
3,699 Posts
SWEET find!!!

·
Mustard Bucket
1,311 Posts
sick sled man! looks like its in nice shape too. ck3's look soo nice.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Gotta love the 99 FIII's.

·
RV Mod Maniac
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys! yeah, shes not too bad at all. Its got a brand new mbrp race can on it, and the exhaust is in excellent shape not rusty at all. I figure i should be able to sell that setup for enough to get a set of triples.

i know a guy locally that has a set of CS trails for a decent price, or just go with the mach stockers that can be picked up relatively inexpensively. I want to get the cylinders ported and the shim and head mod done, so its almost as well to go with CS pipes as well?

the f3's came with roundslide carbs right?

·
Registered
187 Posts
i would just find a set of stockers off a 99+ mach. i know when i put the trips on my 98 700 i used mach z pipes, not sure if the 700/800 had the same pipes in 99 or not. i know the 98 had center dumps, and the 99 factory triple pipes were not. i also want to say the timing might be different on the 99 800 single pipe vs 99 800 tipple pipe..... i loved my ck3, but it is a trail sled. GREAT trail sled, but it isn't exactly light. i had dual carbide skis and a 1 1/4" track and it went great. you can expect to have the skis up an inch or so when ever you really get into it. the 800 single pipe is a torque monster. have fun with it.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
If your going triple pipes go aftermarket, especially with a cut head as you need to spin more RPMs. I believe the 800 came with Rack carbs. Regardless, if they have round slides you should be able to pick up a set of Rack carbs for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
nice sled, u shuld post some pics under the hood!... i just put a set of pipes on my 700 of a 98 mach z....cant wait to try it out

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
The TM's are Rack mount style.

·
RV Mod Maniac
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep.. hopefully i can find a set. Id need a new throttle cable too but not a big deal. The one thats on it is in excellent shape and im sure someone would be looking for a triple roundslide cable!

the 1" track thats on it is being replaced with a 1.25" (used but in good shape) and 192 picks. Set of aftermarket pipes, rage cages or vf3's, head mod and cylinder porting should put the 809 in the 170 range correct?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I have a set of tm 38s for the 809 that I'd let go for cheap, they need a couple screws, one of the covers and a good cleaning. You can't run a 1.25" track with studs on the ck3 chassis without modification. You have to do either a drop and roll chaincase or 8 tooth drivers. With pipes, reeds, porting, and head work you'll be closer to the 180 range. I don't think Boyessen makes Rage Cages for the ck3 currently, if you can find em, I'd go VForce 2's.

·
RV Mod Maniac
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a set of tm 38s for the 809 that I'd let go for cheap, they need a couple screws, one of the covers and a good cleaning. You can't run a 1.25" track with studs on the ck3 chassis without modification. You have to do either a drop and roll chaincase or 8 tooth drivers. With pipes, reeds, porting, and head work you'll be closer to the 180 range. I don't think Boyessen makes Rage Cages for the ck3 currently, if you can find em, I'd go VForce 2's.
what cover is missing from the carb exactly? You say can't run 1.25 with studs does it strike? i guess i'll change the drivers out then. If i could find used reeds in good shape that would be awesome, the new kits are pretty pricey.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
The cover that goes on the top of the carb where the slide is. On the ck3 chassis there is very little bulkhead clearance. And when the track ballons on high speed and deceleration the studs hit the bulkhead.

·
RV Mod Maniac
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The cover that goes on the top of the carb where the slide is. On the ck3 chassis there is very little bulkhead clearance. And when the track ballons on high speed and deceleration the studs hit the bulkhead.
so 1" track with studs can be run safely? or by changing the drivers out will give me enough clearance for the 1.25. Maybe id just stay with the 1", its probably better for higher speeds anyway.

Drop me a pm about the carbs dude, let me know what you want.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
1" track with 1.08 studs, some people get away with 1.18 studs. I've seen enough bulkhead damage on the 3 chassis' that I have that I run ZX chaincase drop and rolls. With that setup I run 10 tooth drivers and 1.06 studs with lots of clearance. Ill send you a pm.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
MzI is correct. 1.25" without studs and stock drivers is fine, anything more will rub. I have a much deeper lug on mine but with 8 tooth drivers and it's close. I have an extra rack of TM 38's also.

If you are going with the triple pipes change out the jetting, RAVE springs, gearing to 99 and up Mach specs. Trigger coil is dimpled so it's fixed but that's any easy mod to change if need be.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts