Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
New Sled: 2016 Ski Doo Renegade 900 Ace Adr - picked it up last night! I have been intrigued by the 900 since it came out and figured it will either be a love it or hate it relationship - so why not buy one and give it a shot!

Previous Sleds: most recent was a 15 Pro X SB 800 with these others behind it (out of order): 15 RMK 800, 13 Freeride 137 800, 1200 Gade X, 10 Sno Pro 500(720), 11 Sno Pro 500 x3, 10 Sno Pro 800 with 800bb, 12 SBA 800, 10 Xfire 800, 11 Xfire 800, Apex, nytro mtx, and the list goes on!

Age: mid 30's - non koolaid drinker of any color - have had all the brands and think they all have some good and bad points!

Goal/Objective: Build a great trail sled - fuel efficient, reliable, capable, and last but not least fun to ride for a 1200-1600 mile saddlebag trip in Quebec, group will include: 16 ZR7000 137, 16 Axys 800, and another Poo 800!

Time-frame: 8 days to get the sled ready from today

Initial Impressions - Looks: it looks fat in comparison to my Axys, the Poo's are very edgy and imo look wicked. Fit and finish is typical Doo, everything is well put together and it was exactly what I expected!

Initial Impressions - Ride: 2 laps around the property before putting it to bed are really not enough to make any comments - super quiet and it seems to spin a lot! When it hooked on good traction was surprised to look at the tracks and see a little ski lift from a dead start . . . will build this section out as I get some actual time on the sled and can give a full review!

Plans/Parts/Mods: based on my time frame my plans are pretty simple and easy, some are cosmetic and some are to enhance the sled!

• 6.9 skis with Aggressive Snowtrackers
  • Doo LED light add on
  • Doo 5-8" adjustable riser
  • XM Summit Seat - stock seat was too soft for my liking
  • 12 Volt Plug
  • Goggle Bag
  • LinQ Rack from Mountain Man on Snowest
  • Garmin GPS - riser mount - inspiration from RockerDan on DooTalk
  • XC Front Bumper
  • Cudney Clutch Kit - undecided if I am going to run this or not for the trip, sounds like the 16's are clutched pretty well from Doo and all the recent posts about Spring Cup failures has me a little hesitant to stuck out in the bush, still undecided

Please excuse the mess, we just moved and the barn looks like a bomb went off!

8bba8afcc6fc2a747c04af04f3ce7982.jpg
532913b1591fcf5a846f969424514965.jpg

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Availability, tunnel space, and seems like every sled I have had recently has been a 137+

But pickings were slim - so availability was the biggest factor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
I didn't know they made a low HP version of the 900.

Mine pulls like a bandit and is plenty for the Wisconsin trails. I like it quite a bit more than the 1200 I had previously. I get ski lift when I punch it at 50.

Full disclosure: I am running a PB 80 and Cudney clutch kit.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Good luck snopro, I as you have had all diff makes and ccs. Before the 900 I had a 1200 that I put 12000 miles in Quebec. Now I have over 10000 miles on my 900 in Quebec and I have to say this is the biggest piece of Great snowmobile I have ever ridden. We ride alot of 300+ mile days and it is the easiest big miler I have had. I also ride with 2 1200s and a viper[ which I towed for 20 miles on the last trip], and they dont have to wait for me.Once in a great while I miss the big power, but not too often, it is a very well balanced sled.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Depending on the kind of trails you expect to encounter, a set of studs might be a good idea.

I put 48 on my identical sled just for basic traction.

The biggest reason for me was to prevent sliding on steep icy hills, going up and down.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rack installed - really nice piece but you cannot run it in the low position with the 137, I was a little disappointed with this but will run it as is - I guess it gives me a lot of options for tying down my gear. GPS hard wired, note to others it does not get power at idle when using the 12 volt accessory wires...a lot more to do and running out of time!

9b9016dedf15260f418b400cb0cee221.jpg

fda5a0d0d9b59b9660bcba51d316bf5c.jpg
890b809fea9afbd50c509fe78c77f891.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thought my wifes 900ace blizzard was a beautiful machine, but not real impressed with the power. It is broke in now and running better, but it only pulls 6900rpm. My salesman is waiting for reply from skidoo. Should pull 7200-7300. My salemen also asked me if I had it in accel mode 3. I am like ya, I have it in sport mode. he said no, its accel 3 mode on your computer which you switch on your dash. I was pretty excited to find how to change it, and I have been riding it in accel 1 mode. So i switched it to accel 3 and like to go ride it again.

The other things i am doing to the Blizzard for next season are installing studs, because the torgue just blows the track out, and MBRP silencer because it sounds like an electric golf cart, and a Doo Dr Edrive clutch kit. I think it will be a very fun sled next season with the computer now set to accel 3, shaving 10lbs off the front end and getting the 900 to spin 7800rpms with some traction. I also need more weight transfer. I can't figure out how to lengthen limiter strap without the strap hanging down rubbing the track. I wish they made a longer limiter strap.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I also ordered by Blizzard with regular TS skis and woodys duallys, and it is the best handling snowmobile I have every ridden. I love switching with my wife and going from my shorty 2013 MXZX to that 129 blizzard.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Rack installed - really nice piece but you cannot run it in the low position with the 137, I was a little disappointed with this but will run it as is - I guess it gives me a lot of options for tying down my gear. GPS hard wired, note to others it does not get power at idle when using the 12 volt accessory wires...a lot more to do and running out of time!
I have the factory GPS which connects off the 4 way harness that also goes to the 12 volt outlet. It definitely has power at idle. Make sure you are connected to the correct wires and not the ones for the heated visor outlet.

I also ordered by Blizzard with regular TS skis and woodys duallys, and it is the best handling snowmobile I have every ridden. I love switching with my wife and going from my shorty 2013 MXZX to that 129 blizzard.
Woodys does not offer duallys for TS skis. What are you referring to?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm connected off the accessory whip that comes of the 12 volt add on, two wire two pin connector

·
Registered
182 Posts
The factory GPS connects to the harness where your 12 volt outlet would be located, in the front of the glovebox. If you have the very top of your dash apart, the wires head forward on the right side and end at a connector with a metal clip holding it onto the plastic in front of your glovebox. You can wire into them. There is a 4 way harness available that connects to that plug and gives you a connection for the GPS, 12 volt outlet, and another accessory, probably the factory aux light.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry, I meant I switched out the TS skis for regular Pilot skis with Woodys duallys, for the simple fact that it is my wifes sled, and I don't need to be dialing in her skis constantly. :) Wives are fun to take snowmobiling, but you gottta keep them warm and their sleds simple.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Which was actually turned out awesome, since my saleman at fish and hunt shop up in curtis gave me the price difference in accessories, so I got a new intense cover and a tailbag tossed in the deal. Hard to beat that sled for what they were selling them for with 0% interest last month. Great buy. Going to keep this one a long time. At least I will never have to rebuild one of my sleds in my lifetime.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts