Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made a few videos for work from time to time but this is my first attempt at a snowmachine video...

It's nothing insane, just having some fun in the powder. What ya think?

~Turk

Fresh Powder...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trapper Creek, Alaska... Last Year, when we had good snow.

ttabs,
The video is in Quicktime. Don't tell anyone I'm a Mac guy ok?
~Turk

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Great first vid. Keep it up.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Pretty Good First Video!! Liked the music!!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I had to reload my quicktime.

Thats great!! your bud is stuck and all you do to help is film him

I have got to try that one!!!!!

Nice job! See? Video'n your ride is cool!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Nice job....keep them coming. Wish we had all of that snow back this year!!! It has been pretty poor this year.

Alaskan

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lomark said:
good vid but is that a tent in your backpack or are you just happy to see us... lol.
[snapback]730313[/snapback]​
about the size of our packs... We're both with the local Air Force Rescue unit up here in Anchorage. It may seem like we're carrying a lot of stuff but we both see, on a regular basis, the mistakes that people make when it comes to first aid, Self SAR, and survival. If you don't respect Alaska and what it can do to you in a blink of an eye… you're in trouble from the get go. It may look funny when I'm strapping on a three day size pack for a ride in the woods but most of the people we pick up were not prepared for the situation in which they found themselves.

Ttabs,
It's pretty funny standing there with the camera while your buddies try to dig themselves out. After a while they look at you and say "*%@? You gonna help or what?" You've just got to be prepared for that coming back around...
Let me know how it works out for ya?

Alaskan,
Last year was awesome out there... I got spoiled last year as it was my first year of riding. I can now appreciate just how good we had it! There's still spring left bro, I'm holding out hope that we'll get at least two more good dumps!

Thanks for all the feedback,
~Turk

·
Grand PuPa!
678 Posts
Turk84 said:
lomark said:
good vid but is that a tent in your backpack or are you just happy to see us... lol.
[snapback]730313[/snapback]​
about the size of our packs... We're both with the local Air Force Rescue unit up here in Anchorage. It may seem like we're carrying a lot of stuff but we both see, on a regular basis, the mistakes that people make when it comes to first aid, Self SAR, and survival. If you don't respect Alaska and what it can do to you in a blink of an eye… you're in trouble from the get go. It may look funny when I'm strapping on a three day size pack for a ride in the woods but most of the people we pick up were not prepared for the situation in which they found themselves.

Ttabs,
It's pretty funny standing there with the camera while your buddies try to dig themselves out. After a while they look at you and say "*%@? You gonna help or what?" You've just got to be prepared for that coming back around...
Let me know how it works out for ya?

Alaskan,
Last year was awesome out there... I got spoiled last year as it was my first year of riding. I can now appreciate just how good we had it! There's still spring left bro, I'm holding out hope that we'll get at least two more good dumps!

Thanks for all the feedback,
~Turk
[snapback]730715[/snapback]​
AMEN Brother!!

I see people out sledding with their family & kids & they all have cotton sweatshirts on and are very much NOT ready if they have to stay out there for any length of time with a broke sled. I take stuff to help if I have to spend the night for whatever reason. We have also rescued 2 people so far this year (believe me we are not looking to be rescuers) who broke down or wrecked because of a varity of reasons. And they just had the clothing on thier backs. You have to treat the area with respect. One of these days it might reach out & bite you. Then you might be another number of someones stats someplace.

Go preparied! I have used all of my survival equipment at one time or another in the past 2 years to help others. And to gently try to teach them something about outdoor winter survival.

Take care

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Been strapping on a pack for at least 15 years. Bought it at first to pack a six pack, but now it is full of the stuff to keep the rest of my body happy.

Seen a real neat pack in the park this winter. It is the avalanche air bag pack. I'll wait until it has more space in it to pack the regular goodies as well as the air bag.

The people that don't like a pack (aside for having mental issues) usually don't know how to make it ride on their back right. They sling them way too low, or loose, or put cans against their back, or buy a cheap bag that is made wrong.

Spoil yourself, buy a good pack.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts