Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Hurley and Ironwood are good places to party but there are a lot better trails if you drive into Michigan further.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris showing the effects of staying up till 5am drinking a bottle of captain morgan

Our group at Lake of the Clouds.

·
The Wrecking Crew
1,110 Posts
can we post yet?

how about now?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thanks for the pics Mary. When were you up there? Later, Skylar.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is what the trails look like as of yesterday in my home town(Northern WI). 15 inches of snow. I have never trailered me sled to ride ever, I dont even own a trailer. Looking to log in 400 miles this weekend to roll my speedo past 1275

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Yeah Hurley is cool, but its hard to get up the next morning! Then you look in your wallet and you swear you were robbed!

I've never had good trails around there, because they get hit so hard. We usually go further into MI, and its well worth it!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Sweet pics, looks like you had a good time

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
Michigan will never be the same.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We rode to L.o.c. and Lake Gogebic and ate at a place called the Root Cellar. The trails around there were pretty darn good. I loved the seasonal road trails going out of Ironwood toward Loc. We rode to Minoqua one day and some trails needed snow, some were fantastic... but everything was pretty smooth and pretty rideable. The snow in Wisconsin varied, one place would have 12" of snow and a little farther would have 3 feet ...it was weird.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
skibum said:
take a trip somewhere and ya get fresh snow, gotta love it. so where did you doo most of your riding? wheres the write up, trail conditions, what are those trails like compared to N. Mn., which bar had the most hotties in it, ect.
[snapback]693488[/snapback]​
Yep snowed a ton while we were there. We did most of our drinking back at the cabin which was pretty darn luxurious because we were like 20 minutes away from Hurley. Trails in Wisconsin were much more narrow and twisty than here in North MN, but they groom constantly there which is nice. Tons of stopsigns and weird places where you have to go down roads and stuff to catch the trail again. Mich had much wider trails...some swamps were not froze very well though. The seasonal roads were just awesome.

·
Wasting money wisely
1,632 Posts
MTM said:
We rode to L.o.c. and Lake Gogebic and ate at a place called the Root Cellar. The trails around there were pretty darn good. I loved the seasonal road trails going out of Ironwood toward Loc. We rode to Minoqua one day and some trails needed snow, some were fantastic... but everything was pretty smooth and pretty rideable. The snow in Wisconsin varied, one place would have 12" of snow and a little farther would have 3 feet ...it was weird.
[snapback]693478[/snapback]​
That road toward L.o.c is pretty darn cool. There are some long straight, smooth stretches that really let a guy open it up. That ride along Lake Superior lacked snow both times I've been.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah only that little bit when you are right next to the lake lacked snow, but its only a small part.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts