Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 600SDIX
this is my first ski doo. i have 122 miles on it, and it will take a little while to get used
to ride, but it's a nice ride. the engine is strong, seems fast, although i don't know
how accurate the speedo is. the shocks need major work and i need a bigger windshield
brrrrrrrrrr. here are some pics, hope they turn out.

·
E-Tec Rules
34,778 Posts

the pics need to be less than 70

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey irondog, i am from koyuk, alaska. right on the iron dog trail. i've seen you pass hear a few times.
why aren't you riding the race this year? if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I thought so - the 907 was a dead give away. Thought the pictures looked like Alaska too. I've always liked the Koyuk check point - good turn out for the race and really nice people, to bad it's not a layover stop, I'd rather stay there then White Mountain. Did you get you X from Winderness ski-doo? They're really good guys to work with, they always help us out during the layover in Nome.

Things just didn't come together for me this year, last years partner couldn't race this year and I couldn't come up with another "good" partner - so I'm gonna sit this year out rather then race it with a rookie partner. Keep you eye out for Jimmer Dick and Doug Brewer this year - they should doo real well on their 600 HO SDI's - this may be their year to win it.

I like the upgrades you did to your sled, Isovibes, C&A's, Tourbuddy. What else have you done?

How's the ICE this year? Is the ice good to Shaktoolik and Elim? Last years ice was terrable, Paul broke a center shock and I bent my drive shaft on the way back from Koyuk to Shaktoolik. Luckily a guy in Unalkleet let me have the drive shaft out of his sled, otherwise we would have had to scratch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
irondog:
i got the machine from team cc. someone backed out of there spring order, so i was
happy to pick it up. i was going to get an f5 but the classes have changed this year.
so i figured or am hoping this 600 will be quick enough. yep the bay has froze flat this year. should be a quick ride between here and shaktoolik, if its not blowing. i don't know how it is around elim, i think the ice froze then broke up, then froze, so i think its rough on the ocean right out of elim. yep the race is gonna come through here in a few weeks, getting excited.
as for the other extra's, i have a clutch kit from cudney, reed spacers,and some different gears, a big wheel kit from perf. engineering, hot air elimination kit from slp, and am thinking about trying a team clutch. (i heard they run cooler than the stock one). do you have any suggestions as to what i might do to help in any way?
thanks, later.

·
Registered
151 Posts
907 said:
irondog:
i got the machine from team cc. someone backed out of there spring order, so i was
happy to pick it up. i was going to get an f5 but the classes have changed this year.
so i figured or am hoping this 600 will be quick enough. yep the bay has froze flat this year. should be a quick ride between here and shaktoolik, if its not blowing. i don't know how it is around elim, i think the ice froze then broke up, then froze, so i think its rough on the ocean right out of elim. yep the race is gonna come through here in a few weeks, getting excited.
as for the other extra's, i have a clutch kit from cudney, reed spacers,and some different gears, a big wheel kit from perf. engineering, hot air elimination kit from slp, and am thinking about trying a team clutch. (i heard they run cooler than the stock one). do you have any suggestions as to what i might do to help in any way?
thanks, later.
[snapback]294644[/snapback]​
WOW - it sounds like you got it covered,
maybe studs and the cobra 11" windshield, that's the one I used on last years Irondog - it works with the Acerbies hand guards if your steering column is in the rear position.

Yes the TEAM clutch will run a little cooler, better talk it over with Bill before getting one though, he'll most likely know which helix and spring you'll need to go with his clutch kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.