air flow over the intercooler may be horrible
pack more air in and where is it supposed to flow out

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so with out a fan
air flow over the intercooler may be horrible
pack more air in and where is it supposed to flow out
wait sir, the installation has not finished. I'm still not an innocent. but as original, where does the air flow?? too much air to get in for no place to get out. parachute effect.

· Premium Member
2023 Lynx XTerrain 900R
1,127 Posts
Yeah, seen the holes, but still seems way to clean and precise for any cutting tools I've used before. He must have an awesome set of tools, like Spicoli's dad.

Now, thinking something like a laminate trimmer??
Look at his mockup/template, definitely not his first rodeo. I would also bet using using a reciprocating saw and mixing years of experience with patience.

To the op: Very clean work,

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You see the drilled holes in the picture of his first post? That would indicate he used a reciprocating saw. Nice clean work.
How did you cut the plastic so cleanly? Gotta know

I use an oscillating tool and several other processes to end up with this result. Plastic is not an easy material to work with.

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, seen the holes, but still seems way to clean and precise for any cutting tools I've used before. He must have an awesome set of tools, like Spicoli's dad.

Now, thinking something like a laminate trimmer??
I use very common tools. just knowing how to handle them, patience and meticulousness. I use a battery powered oscillating tool with a pvc blade, a mini electric sandblaster, 240 grit basket, an air rotary tool with a ½ whetstone and a butane torch. and when the tools don't work, I use an xcacto and I heat the blade.

· Registered
2 Posts
Looking forward to the finished product, Like SkidooChris, I also jumped to the summation the the air may not flow as you have neutralised the pressure on both sides of the inter cooler. It will be interesting to see if your exhaust vents draw air out. Good luck and compliments on the craftsmanship. Looks rally good!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts