Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unfortunately the visor plug does not come standard on the 2020 Enduro. Go figure when there top of the line helmet comes with heated shield only!! As for the ice ripper.. I'm not a fan of it and that's why I'm studding it the traditional way!! Would like to have had the choice of tracks.
Also adding knee pads. 2019 the the knee pads came as a package for the 2 step. For 2020 they come separate and cost about 40$ more.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Unfortunately the visor plug does not come standard on the 2020 Enduro. Go figure when there top of the line helmet comes with heated shield only!! As for the ice ripper.. I'm not a fan of it and that's why I'm studding it the traditional way!! Would like to have had the choice of tracks.
Also adding knee pads. 2019 the the knee pads came as a package for the 2 step. For 2020 they come separate and cost about 40$ more.
I'm certain the visor plug is standard on the Enduro, if you go by the literature you might not find it. Another example is the backlit handlebar controls are not shown but they are standard ( the 2019 brochure does not show them as standard but my 2019 has the lights)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm certain the visor plug is standard on the Enduro, if you go by the literature you might not find it. Another example is the backlit handlebar controls are not shown but they are standard ( the 2019 brochure does not show them as standard but my 2019 has the lights)
Wish it was so. I went to 3 different dealers for prices because the wife is getting the same sled, and all 3 told me it was an accessory you had to add as it was no longer standard on this sled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a'19 and my GF has a '17.....Both handle very good. The difference I noticed the most is her seat height being much lower. She is 5'4 and I'm 6'2" so we each prefer our own sled because of that. Power increase in the '19 is definitely noticable but not hugely so. Hers only has 200 miles on it so it hasn't been broken in yet. Both awesome sleds in my book!

·
Registered
849 Posts
By far I like the '19 Gade 900 na over my '16 Gade 900 and '14 TNT 900. The ski suspension is much less stiff compared to the earlier models and the rear does ride better. The rear is still a tad stiff on stutters but overall is much better than the earlier models. I haven't raced it against earlier models but from the seat of the pants it feels a lot faster acceleration wise and has more top speed in softer snow.

mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice to hear so many who enjoy their 900 na's . I have a 213 900 NA Rene and a 2019 900 Rene Enduro, along with a 1200 Rene X, and several others......even a 600 Ace (awesome sled for daughter in-law). Last year I had a 2018 Rene 850 until a stuck throttle and a 10" birch tree took its toll.
My 2019 900 N/A Enduro is an awesome sled----Best Ever. She wears Axis ski shocks, and axis front skid shock, high windshield, mirrors, handle bar wind deflectors, scratchers, Iso-Vibe shock/riser and a few other accessories. I drove her 2500 miles this year at between 40 and 60 most of the time as that is as fast as most Maine trails will safely support with a few exceptions.

Love this sled except she collects way too much snow in the skid frame as the air shock tends to keep the snow, slush, and ice. I am also not thrilled at the adjustable ski carbides......they tend to pick up the track of leading sleds ...no matter the adjustment. I will be replacing with my 6.9 Pilot skis next year.

As a bonus, I add a 2-up seat when my wife wants to go riding..........and its amazing how well this rides with springs set on 4 and air set on 5.........that all and it takes only 5 minutes to convert seats and be ready for riding.

·
Registered
'96 f3 600, '00 mach z 800, '19 900 ace N/A
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Did some work on My 900 today. Skid plate, stock carbides on outside and mirrors. My koso temp gauge will be a PITA to install. Considering the $170 premium guages.

Lots of room for improvement on the exhaust it looks like. The stock muffler is easily 25-30lbs. I couldnt believe it when I lifted it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I had the dealer "activate" the temp gauge in my adrenaline 900t. I'm assuming the 900na would be the same. Once activated you cycle to the total mileage odometer and hold the S button and your fuel gauge changes to temp gauge.

Was free for me and no need for the premium gauge.
Thank you. Of course I price shopped and drove a little further to get mine (well worth it at the end of the season). I guess I'll try and see if it works first. If not I'll call the dealer where I purchased. Even if I have to pay its probably worth it.

Even though I price shopped I was actually really happy with the dealer I went with. Will probably go back there for other machines in the future. Salesman was, well, a salesman. But the office, parts, manager and service people were really knowledgeable no B.S. people. I appreciate that.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I upgraded my sons sled from a 14 900 to a 19 900 last season. Definitely an upgrade in power. Not huge by any means but significant; especially when considering we went from a 120 track to a 137.
I figured the '19 n/a's had a noticeable performance increase over the previous 900's.

As a guess an aftermarket muffler will probably drop 15/20lbs. right off the skis. Thats G4 600R weight.

I had never rode a 900 before I purchased mine. Ive been pretty surprised with the performance. In the 600 2t ballpark, if not better (compared to older 600's).

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
In HemiChallenger's post (#50) with the pictures, so much space in the nose of the 900na!

Too bad Doo didn't make a small, removeable section of the cowl for access to have a small storage area.

Curious about what was needed to "activate" the temp gauge with the base gauge.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
For the past 10 years, I have had the good fortune to have been able to spend time on 600 ACE Tundra, Expedition Sport and an MXz, along with a pair of Renegade 1200's.

The 600 ACE is a great motor. I could easily live with one in any machine.

The 1200 ACE is also a great motor. Way more power than I'll ever need but lots of fun.

The 900 ACE sure does split the difference and the power is still a ton of fun and all we need. I'm nothing but impressed with the motor so far. I almost think about trading my 600R for a 900 ACE, maybe someday.

·
Registered
2024 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo RR REV Gen5 (wide-design) with Competition Package
1,136 Posts
On a 2020 with the "new" base gauge, a temperature gauge is standard. Finally.

On the 2019 REV GEN4 ACEs, I believe you need to add the Ambient Air & Engine Temperature Module (REV Gen4) # 860201362.

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/Accessories/electrical_electronics/modules/ambient-air-_-engine-temperature-module-rev-gen4.html

At least that is what I had to do on my 2019 Renegade Adrenaline 900 ACE. Unless there is something that neither I nor my dealer knows about?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Anyone want to start making weight loss and hp guesses with an aftermarket header and muffler?

In HemiChallenger's post (#50) with the pictures, so much space in the nose of the 900na!

Too bad Doo didn't make a small, removeable section of the cowl for access to have a small storage area.

There is a TON of room up there. A storage conatiner of some sort would be great.

A radiator and fan assembly can be put in there from doo of course. Obviously with the 900T the charge cooler and pipes are in there. The 600/850 2T's have the pipe routed in there.

On a 2020 with the "new" base gauge, a temperature gauge is standard. Finally.

On the 2019 REV GEN4 ACEs, I believe you need to add the Ambient Air & Engine Temperature Module (REV Gen4) # 860201362.

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/Accessories/electrical_electronics/modules/ambient-air-_-engine-temperature-module-rev-gen4.html

At least that is what I had to do on my 2019 Renegade Adrenaline 900 ACE. Unless there is something that neither I nor my dealer knows about?
That was my understanding as well but I'm hopeful the dealer can activate it as snowmansimon says.

·
Registered
13,962 Posts
I am considering either the 900NA or 900T for my next sled. I'm glad to read you are happy w/ the power of the NA I hate having to deal with the hassle of accessories for a new sled as my 1200 GSX-SE came with all the goodies already on it. I agree the lack of a plug for heated shield is ridiculous. I have a few offers to ride 900NA's this winter so hopefully I'll get a first hand feeling for the sled before buying.. Not sure I can get a ride on a 900T though

41 - 60 of 206 Posts