Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
Item #8 keeping it in ECO mode during break in? Forget that, put it in Standard or Sport and enjoy the 900 motor!

Will follow your post as like Judge64 I have an XS chassis 900ACE and hoping to see Doo comes out with a 129" G4 900N/A.

Windshield-one thing that concerns me is if I do move up to a G4, it appears the optional windscreens may be an issue when fitting it in a clamshell-style enclosed Triton trailer, have a height of 53" inside.

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
"#3: The fact that this thing needs a windshield, mirrors, wind diflectors, heated shield plug and 12v plug kind of irritates me. This is basic stuff. The windshield I get, because different riders have different wants/tastes. But the lack of a heated shield plug and panel mounted wind diflectors kind of irritates me. A 12v outlet, shield plug and mirrors should be standard on every "trail" sled."

This would be what the GSX model was, included these items as well as the premium gauge. It's too bad the don't offer that model any longer. I don't want or need what the Enduro model has.

I agree with heat cycling of the engine, very good idea for sure-for any engine.

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
HemiChallenger-did you notice the heated shield/visor jack located just to the right of the Eco/standard/Sport mode switch?

I just picked up a low mileage '19 900NA today. My first 137" sled so we'll see how it goes next winter.

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
Glad to hear this Wisledr! And I look forward to hearing your reports next year. I too am in the market for a G4 900 Rene. What kind of deal were you able to make? Trade, or outright buy?
Bought it from a private party, has a little over 800 miles on it. Previous owner is replacing it with a '20 900na Enduro.

For someone who asked previously. Approximate overall height with adjustable windshield all the way down is 49/50" With shield up high its about 55".

Rode 140 miles sat. Did some longish WOT runs and let her idle down for 1-2 min. Then did at again. Started to get that burning "break-in" smell again.

Saw 90 on the speedo in lots of slush and mess. She needs 25/49 gearing IMHO.

Got repeated compliments and questions from people all day on specifically the 900 N/A. Perfect sled for me.

Unless i'm blind, I didnt notice that on my sled.
The visor power jack has a black cap over it, I didn't noticed it until I got home with the sled. It is shown in the owner's manual also so it is a standard item. (At first I thought the previous owner may have added it.)

About your adjustable windshield, that is the medium to high model? So in the lowest position it would be the same as the original windshield that came with your sled?

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
In HemiChallenger's post (#50) with the pictures, so much space in the nose of the 900na!

Too bad Doo didn't make a small, removeable section of the cowl for access to have a small storage area.

Curious about what was needed to "activate" the temp gauge with the base gauge.

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
Speaking of skis, carbides & shims, I ran Bergstrom 6" carbides with their shims & ski savers, along with the original carbides in the outer position of the 5.7 Pilot skis on my '14 900 which worked well and steering was light.

Will be running the same set-up on my '19. Expecting it should work well.

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
Back onto the topic of the engine temp gauge, I did find that those who are able to do reprogramming or turning on/off functions of the gauges should be able to unlock that feature.

With the ACE engines, the sled needs to be present to do it, not just taking the gauge out and making changes.

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
On a '19 adrenaline?

4 dealerships have flat out told me 100% it cannot be done. I believe you 2 that it can. Like I said to simon without some instructions and pics to tell our dealers how to do it, it doesnt really help anyone.
I contacted a forum member who can make changes on standard & premium gauges but he says he is unable to do changes to the 2019 four stroke models.

What could have changed with the standard gauge from '18 to '19?

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
SnowmanSimon, that is the same as if you had the module. Only the ambient temperature would be a numerical readout (with module).

One would think the engine temp gauge would be standard, not an accessory.

And as you have found out it is a simple "fix" to turn on the function.

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
I have the adjustable medium to high windshield on my 900 and other than the rattle at idle (Seems to do it more in Sport mode than Standard) and the creaking noise while riding I do like the added wind protection on colder days.

Also, for me I am unable to go with a large "fixed" windscreen as I need to lower the adjustable down to the lower setting when I put it in my enclosed trailer.

Finally got out this past weekend for the first time on my new-to-me '19. Sure seems to like to build up a lot of ice in the tunnel more so than my '14 120". I also miss the premium gauge from my GSX but I'll live with the basic gauge on this one.

·
Registered
MY22 900AceNA Rene
1,159 Posts
I know ive seen a few older posts, but how do you compare the 900xs vs G4? Iv'e only ridden a backcountry G4 and it was comfortable but very cold. Thanks for the nice thread!
Forum member mikerider has had both and put on alot of miles, maybe he will chime in or you could search for his posts.

I had a 900na GSX and went to a '19 G4, no regrets. Just picked up a '22.
I run a adjustable mid-high windscreen, side panel wind deflectors and no issue with being cold.

Only concern to some that I've read is that the footwell/toe hold area is more open on a G4 and depending on your choice of boot is could be colder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts