Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Please post up pics of your windshield and mirror combo when you get them mounted up.

I've got the stock medium shield and had the dealer mount the accessory mirrors to the stock deflectors. I was hoping the shield would be good but I'm going to need a taller one. The high is 6 inches taller than the medium, I hope I can get away with it because it uses the stock side deflectors. I believe the extra high and adjustable don't use the side deflectors. Not sure if my mirrors would work with them.

I really want to avoid buying the high, then finding out I need to go bigger and have to buy yet another shield.

b4278b34f80624f51f40f19f7b3e87e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dave in WI was the poster. Hopefully that answered his questions.
I appreciate your reply. My trailer is open, my question was will the BRP cover fit with a taller windshield. It seems to fit pretty snug, but if I go with the shorter adjustable it should be the same height as the medium fixed when in the low position. If I go with the higher adjustable, or the high fixed screen, I'm still not sure it will fit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I forgot to add; I threw some BRP #: 860201043 5" carbides on my skis last minute before my saturday ride. Night and day difference to the stockers. Less darting, lighter in the bars. I still need to put the stockers on the outside of my skis. I plan on trying a few differnent carbides next season.
Have you got enough miles on these carbides to form a long term opinion?

Looking at my catalog, these are listed for the XP, XR, XS, etc, not the Gen4. Do they fit ok? The 860201045 is listed for the G4, of course they are twice the cost.

I'm still running the stock carbides, and get a little darting at times. I need to get something to replace the stockers and put them on the outside as I'm starting to wear the skis. Non studded (at least for now) so I don't want to go too aggressive with the carbides. I always ran duallies on my old Polaris, they were great for no darting, but could push in corners as they wore.

·
Registered
172 Posts
With duel carbides on I was very impressed with the steering of the sled. Every corner the sled went right where I was steering.
Can you tell me what brand and model dual carbides you have? And how do they handle hard cornering?

I replaced the stock carbides with Woodys Trail Blazer 4 6 in carbides, and moved the stock ones to the outside. I was getting some push exiting hard corners. Now it rails in corners, but I get darting on hard set-up trails. When the snow loosens up it seems to go away. It is a bit irritating and tiring. I ran Woodys dual carbides on my old Polaris and they always tracked great, no problems running one-handed at any speed. I'm considering going back to duallys when these wear out, but I don't want to give up the cornering performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts