Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode with a buddy this past weekend who has a 2003 F7 bone stock. I have a 2006 Gade 800 which is also stock. We were on a smooth lake near Minocqua, WI and neither of us have picks either. I was hoping I would at least be able to get out of the hole quicker and maybe hold him off for a few hundred feet. Did not happen. Then tried rolling starts. That was worse. How AC packs all that crazy HP in a 700 twin is a mystery to me. I have ridden his F7 before, the pull is huge and I didn't really expect to beat it. Oh well, I didn't buy my REV to be the fastest on the lake. I bought it for comfort and control on bad trails and in that department, I feel I clearly made the right choice.

·
Registered
480 Posts
well if hes a good friend dont race him in a rough wooded area because youll be picking up peices all over the place. if you wanna beat him wait for the 07 800 to get here, then youll do fine

·
Registered
290 Posts
he has a shorter track AND a thinner track. no way thats a fair race for you. the 13.5 track is the only reason firecats are fast in a straight line. why do you think lowered asphalt racers use 10" wide tracks. you have 10 times the sled he has...get an adrenaline rev and kick his kitty cat "edit for bad language".

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
what skidooman said...

and the 03 F7 was the fastest of the F7s, they were slowed down in 04 but became much more reliable but even so, it is a VERY strong 700!

the 121" 800 is faster but not by much.. and your turning WAY more track then that guy!

16x136 = 2176 sq inches of track...

13.5x128 = 1728 sq inches of track...

now do what you sled was made for, and take him off trail, how does he do know?? thought so...

·
Registered
410 Posts
conditions will make a HUGE differance, made several runs Sun with my 04 800'gade against my buddys kid ( he 140# I'm 200#) on a 500ss. 1/2 to 3/4 mile run on loosely packed snow I'd holeshot him by 4 or 5 sleds then gain a few more untill I'd run out of legs @ just over 90 then he'd go by @ maybe 2 or 3 more mph. Same feild 2' of freash snow I'd top out in the mid 80s, he could'n't get past 75. On a plowed road, 1/2 mile run on radar, I'd get 102 , he'd get 97.

·
Registered
58 Posts
BRUTEDOO said:
those 03's are fast, thats about it though, race him through a rough trail and see whats up
[snapback]728374[/snapback]​
Its true on a straight run lake the F7 should take you, but on the trails he will be falling off his sled just trying to keep up with you. And the comfort of the REV platform as opposed to the F7 platform is night and day. Trust me I know I have a GSX 600 SDi and a 04 F7. Two complete different sleds for two different applications. Rev Platform best in its class for Trails. F7 platform great for straight lake runs. You get pinned to the back of the seat and you say what the F#%K was that.
My 2 Cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts