Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Blizzard 9500 Plus
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! It's been a few years since I've been on here! Yes, I still have my 1980 Blizzard my uncle gave me when I was 17 and It looks just as good now as it did in 1980 when he bought it. I think I last posted a picture of it in 2012 or '13? I think it's 'DOO for an update! :)
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Very nice sled. I had an 82. Before that my brother in laws 79 7500 was the sled to beat. After I got the 9500, not so much. That thing amazed me, it would hit a certain rpm( forget exact) and it would just start spinning and rip up a rut in the trail. It was a beast for those years. When it reached that magic rpm, the tach needle would just jump. Great memories other than what it cost me for a complete engine rebuild - it was a lot especially for back then! $350 for a crank, pistons, head, rotary valve and so on, just about everything that could have been damaged, was.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Reactions: rotax for life

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hi everyone! It's been a few years since I've been on here! Yes, I still have my 1980 Blizzard my uncle gave me when I was 17 and It looks just as good now as it did in 1980 when he bought it. I think I last posted a picture of it in 2012 or '13? I think it's 'DOO for an update! :) View attachment 1973340
WOW!!! Probably my favorite looking sled of all time. They were runners too. Neighbors had one. I spent two years tweaking a Liquifire to get it to keep up with that 9500. Still took me on top end. Made me a believer in Rotax power!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: rotax for life

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
By today’s standards that baby is a relic…but it was a serious head turner during its time. I agree, one of the best looking sleds ever.

In 1980 me and my best friend bought snowmobiles… he got the 9500 and I bought a Centurian. I kicked his ass every time but when we stopped…. The crowds were looking at his sled, not mine. He wins.

Beautiful sled. I wish I had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1980 Blizzard 9500 Plus
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew of a guy that grass dragged one of those and was competitive for years, even with much newer sleds.
There are radar runs at an airport on the trails where I ride in north east Pennsylvania! Shes got 150 lbs of compression so just a general going over and shell be ready for a run or two and oh can't I wait to hear those pipes sing! I've never ridden it yet due due lack of snow, it not running right, or health issues but It runs right, I run right,and hopefully we get snow this year ahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts