Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because with coupler blocks flipped my skis only lift like 5 or 6 inches for 6 feet or so. Some other posts people are saying their skis lift to 60 or 80 mph from start with couplers flipped back. Thats bologne unless mine is gutless. I way 200 lbs dressed and put all my wait to the back and stand and cant wheelie worth crap.
i must be doing something wrong

·
Registered
632 Posts
You have to realize that most of those people you are talking about have the short track MXZ and not the long track 'Gade. If you really want to do wheelies you need to adjust the rear suspension as well as flipping the blocks. Then again why do you want this as it would be a horrible/dangerous ride on the twisty trails as your skis would jump off of the ground everytime you give it gas.

Personnally I prefer my skis on the ground. My '06 800X 'gade will lift the skis if I gun it however it is only about 3 - 4 inches...so I still have control to turn if needed by only shifting my weight forward slightly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Renegade Scotty said:
Because with coupler blocks flipped my skis only lift like 5 or 6 inches for 6 feet or so. Some other posts people are saying their skis lift to 60 or 80 mph from start with couplers flipped back. Thats bologne unless mine is gutless. I way 200 lbs dressed and put all my wait to the back and stand and cant wheelie worth crap.
i must be doing something wrong
[snapback]691349[/snapback]​
thats all my gade will do, u could have bought the mach then u would do weelies

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
A lot of those people are talking about short tracks. They don't have as wide of as a track either. It makes a big difference. The renegades aren't made to do that, because when you get in deep snow you don't want to be standing up on end....

Ryan

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Bummer for you but that is a gade. If you want to have more ski lift do the suspension relocation mention here on doo talk. Did mine and now it is hard to keep the skis on the ground!!!!!!!! Nothing like a little dragging the rear bumper on a 136"

·
Registered
221 Posts
yeller said:
Try loosening the limiter strap ... then hold on.
[snapback]692003[/snapback]​
Was going to say that. I had an old Safari and the front strap broke and I could keep the front end off the snow for miles.
Doesn't mean my Safari has more power than the 1000 gade.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
My gade with the 16x136x1.25 and coupler blocks gone will pack the skis up to around 100km/h, doing 60km/h and mash the fun flipper it will still pick the skis up a few inches.

From a dead stop, mash the flipper and a little hop on the back, pull the bars and it will stand almost straight up!

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
You probably wont get quite the same thing with the 600, it just doesnt pull as hard or nearly as long as the 800s do. A bit of fine tuning and you should be able to get it to stand up for ya though.

·
Registered
784 Posts
when you say the coupler blocks "flipped", u mean that the thick side is facing down right, how many positions are there 2 or 4.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Gade600 said:
when you say the coupler blocks "flipped", u mean that the thick side is facing down right, how many positions are there 2 or 4.
[snapback]705756[/snapback]​
You can flip the back rubber stoper that gives even more space for the coupling block to mouve back.

If you really want to lift skiis (to your own risk) relocate the front arm of the rear suspension to the hole that is about 1-2 inches back and down (the hole has been pre-drilled from inside the tunnel, you just have to go thru the other side). give 3-4 holes slack on the front straps of the rear suspension and put your rear springs at minimum. Try to keep the skiis on the ground

You could also simply relocate susp. and have 2 hole slack for the front straps, that'll be just right...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what u mean by rear springs on minimum? do you mean the front shock with the 5 settings or the Weight setting (1-4)? My couplers are already flipped skinny side to back and limiter strap is pretty loose. i left the limiter strap on the stock setting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts