Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Well some of you probably remember that I did a total transformation to my sled last year - going from the stock 121" to a 136" skid.
A link in my Signature below directs you to my original post of that project.
Starting to get bored - No Snow - Got the Blues - Literally....
Decided to change my sled a bit...
I wasnt happy with the balance of my sled - I sold my old Summit windshield and went with a new 2007 Summit Low windshield and 2003 Ski-Doo X - Model Handguards.
This allowed me to change the steering post position and get myself more forward and better balanced.
I had issues with my long 1.625 studs nicking my coolers - so I cut down my 1.5" track to a 1.25" using a shop utility knife heated with a propane torch - cuts like butta...
Went with new 1.325" Stud Boy Stainless Power Points and re-used my old Woody's Double diggers in the original holes.
This combination should work just fine - as I'm a 80% On Trail - 20% Off Trail Rider.
I'm tired of being - Tethered - to my sled with my Helmet cam - so I decided to go with a handlebar mount instead, using a Ram-Mount.
I finally got some graphics done - which match the Reflective Blue theme of my homemade snow flap piece.
I had a bad day in Da U.P. last year and closed my trailer down onto my opened hood - cracked it on one side - so I bought a new hood - Bad, bad day.....Anyways...
The following day I rode off trail and rolled my sled on a hill - trying to test out my new 1.5" track - well - she rolled over on top of me and the sled was alright as well as myself - 35 minutes of digging and pulling and my friend Eric and I got her uprighted and unstuck.
So I say to myself over and over - Danm I'm Lucky!
I wasnt sure what to do with the center circle of my hood - didnt like the Bombi logo deal - plus their not cheap either - So I decided to go with the - LUCKY Theme - It just seemed to fit.
Its a Rat Rod style gear shift knob - The white Dots - Glow in the dark!
I used a hole saw and made a polished aluminum washer to fill in the circle on the hood underneith it.
Its bolted on from the inside.
At first I didnt like it - but it grew on me and thats where the - Lucky 6 Came in.
As you can see - I Hate to have - anything - that looks like anyone elses.
Here's a list of the parts used on my project.
Bill Cudney Piston Kit
Bill Cudney Clutch Kit
H.P.E. 21 Top Cog
RedLine Synthetic Shock Proof Gear Lube
Mountain Machine 136" Rail Extensions
Camoplast Intense 136 X 1.5" track - Shaved Down to 1.25"
1.325 Stud-Boy Stainless Power POint - Woody's Double Diggers Qty-108
Wahl 10 Tooth Extrovert Drivers
Tom White Industries Wheel Kit
SnowShooter A-Arm Bushing Kit
Mahler 4 Inch Risers
Ski-Doo (X) model steering Post
Ski-Doo 05 Mach Z Handlebars
Ski-Doo Tunnel Reinforcements
Ski-Doo Shock Covers - turned inside out
Ski-Doo 45 deg. Handlebar Hooks
Ski-Doo 2007 Summit Low windshield - Was trans. Red - Bead Blasted it - Painted it Fusion Satan Black
Ski-Doo 2003 X-Model Brackets and HandGuards
Ski-Doo Tunnel Protectors
Homemade Front Bulkhead Protectors - used an old belt / rivets - brackets
Ski-Doo Belly Pan Protector
Garmin GPS V - custom homemade mount
Ram Mount Helmet Cam Mount
HelmetCamera.Com 540 Lines Per Resolution Helmet Cam
Sony DCR-TVR-33 Camcorder
E.G.T. Avenger III, Stinger Probes W/ Water Temp Sensor
Ski-Doo Tunnel Extension Kit - Rev-I-Gade Style
Ski-Doo Rear Tunnel Bag +
Ski-Doo Gas Caddy - setup for either or
Union Bay Billet gas cap
Union Bay Billet Pull handle
OuterWears Intake Sock
Holtzman - Tempa Flow
High Performance Engineering 05/20 Needle Shim Kit
V-FORCE III Black Box Reed Kit
BC3's Rear Torsion Spring Kit
Ski-Doo 530-189-674 + 675 Rear Torsion Springs
C & A Razor Skis
Stud-Boy 7.5 inch Shaper Bars
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I built this to please myself - some may not like it - But I Love it - and thats what counts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope we get Snow soon - Lets Ride..........

Love to Ride - n - Wrench.....

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
I found this T-Shirt online...

Dreaming of riding....

More and More....

If you ever see me out on the trail - say Hey....

Attachments

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
Looks great as usual.

One small comment...I like the glow in the dark windshield letters but from the pics they are kinda hard to read during the day. If they had a white or silver outline they would stand out better and be easier to read.

Now roll me some lucky dice so we get a ton of snow that STAYS.....

·
Registered
828 Posts
Looks great as usual.

One small comment...I like the glow in the dark windshield letters but from the pics they are kinda hard to read during the day. If they had a white or silver outline they would stand out better and be easier to read.

Now roll me some lucky dice so we get a ton of snow that STAYS.....
Thank You Chuck, Ya - The Reflective Decals Really light up out on the trail - Very Safe.
Funny you caught that - After I applied the Lucky SiX on the windshield, I said the same thing.
I think a Chrome lettered background is what she needs to stand out more during the day.
I bought a ball joint removal tool, but havent got around to taking the A-Arms off for some Transparent Blue powdercoating.
I also found a company that does Ceramic Coating in different colors - they do a Sweet Blue - thinking I need to remove my exhaust - weld in the E.G.T. bungs that I already bought (bye, bye clamp on style) and get my exhaust Ceramic Coated.
Other than that - I think I'm Done.
I've been eyeing your Latest - n - Greatest - Shark Project - Looking Awesome !
I cant wait - the airbrushing will Really Set it Off !
Cheers -

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks excellent!!
Cept the goofy looking 07 decal on the hood, doesn't go with your theme, let alone match!
Well at Least it Isnt GREEN !

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what kind of studs are those? are they easy to install on a track?
Those are Stud-Boy 1.325 Stainless Power Point Studs.
Woody's Double Digger Backers Powder Coated Transparent Blue.
Shade Tree Extra Tall Nuts
This combination was just as easy to install as any - if you need assistance on studding your track - do a search - hundreds of posts on that subject.....
Visit Stud-Boy and Woody's internet sites - Google (snowmobile studs) - read up - its pretty simple.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Love the sled! Looks first class! I'm planning on a gade conversion this summer, what did you use for a tunnel extension? You said ski doo revagade style, where do I find it? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Wow this thread hasn't been active since 08 you resurrected it from the dead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.