Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was installing my new windscreen yesterday and noticed something odd on the blue side panels of my Summit. There are spots and streaks where the dark blue color has turned light blue!
What would cause this? Has anyone else ever seen this on any other blue and yellow Summit?
Any answers would be appreciated.

G

·
akpackfan said:
Was installing my new windscreen yesterday and noticed something odd on the blue side panels of my Summit. There are spots and streaks where the dark blue color has turned light blue!
What would cause this? Has anyone else ever seen this on any other blue and yellow Summit?
Any answers would be appreciated.
[snapback]311025[/snapback]​
I have something similar, but mine is white in color. Kind of like when you bent plastic, it gets white in that spot, but mine has not been bent, its all over the darn thing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have something similar, but mine is white in color. Kind of like when you bent plastic, it gets white in that spot, but mine has not been bent, its all over the darn thing!
Yes, thats what it looks like. Its like I bent the plastic in those spots and it turned light in color. But like you said, its impossible to have bent in those spots and I haven't intentionally bent the panels at all!!
Cheap plastic, maybe. Anyone else with these "spots"??

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
I have them on my 05 GSX. Plastic has been stressed in those spots somehow. I told my dealer and he said bring it in and we will see what we can do about getting bombi to replace them. Will let you all know when I take it in this coming week

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you put a heat gun on the spots they should go away. I have seen this before on a yamaha and thats what the guy used to do to fix it. Let us know how it works when you try it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
polarcat5639 said:
If you put a heat gun on the spots they should go away. I have seen this before on a yamaha and thats what the guy used to do to fix it. Let us know how it works when you try it.
[snapback]311196[/snapback]​
exactly what he said. It is a sign of stress

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have them on my panels too. Looks like definite stress...but can only be from bad design, as to where they are located. Not from riding hard or hitting anything. I think the hinges are poor and do not support the weight of the panels well.

Alaskan

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also had the light blue spots on my blue/yellow RT1000 but I used a regular heat gun to remove them. The reason for my spots is that I put too much pressure on the bumper when I fastened the machine on my trailer.

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Guys its because these things flex! when they flex it stresses the plastic in certain spots.It doesn't take much to do the damage.
But as stated the heat gun trick works ,just don't over heat it or it become brittle in that area and crack.

Rich

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
I'm no plastic eng ,but if you take a piece of black plastic and flex it long enough it will lighten to a gray.
Maybe because of amount of pigment in the blue it shows up quicker??/
Good guess maybe!

Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts