Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just pulling on to the lake by my house and suddenly my sled started to bog and run like it had no power or it was running on one cylinder,thought it might be out of gas.It limped back to the house and i checked the fuel and it had lots.I always run isoproply so no water in gas.I changed both plugs and no difference.The strange thing is there were no beeps or flashing lights.I checked the compression and there was 125 both sides warm motor.It will start but no power,it just bogs and if left to idle it will stall.Any ideas.I just came back from a 200 mile ride the day before and it ran flawless.Any ideas

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
I bet there is something under your teather (Key) Take it off and put it back on.....I once had a Creamsaver wrapper get in there and the same thing happened....

·
doorev6
895 Posts
Bumplover said:
I bet there is something under your teather (Key) Take it off and put it back on.....I once had a Creamsaver wrapper get in there and the same thing happened....
[snapback]686668[/snapback]​
I talk to guy last year who had the same problem ! His fuel lines and filter were ruined by the anti ice liquid he put in. luckily it was under warrenty . took a month to figure out. doorev5

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doo Rev you may have a point.I doo add a 8 oz bottle every fill but the doo manual states to add it so it shouldent be an issue.Mine it the ltd edition unit that was released in 04 with only one filter.I think they added extra filters in 05.Renegade scotty ,reread my post,I did change plugs.I never remove my teather strap so thats not it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering,whats the fuel filter made of.I would have thought it was
a brass screen not paper,shouldent break down.Has anyone changed out there filter and can comment .Its going to the dealer tomorrow if i cant figure it out with NO WARRENTY .Got to get up and running quick,season is short!

·
Registered
177 Posts
i was riding with a buddy and his was running just like that, we cleaned the carbs, now it starts easy and much more responsive, we did notice some water in the bowls too, check the gas, my 2cents

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else on the filter issue.I can,t be the only person with this issue.
The sled won,t run more than 20 mph and the throttle has to be feathered in to get it to move at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts