Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

MXZ600 sdi...top speed

1K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  jet800ho 
#1 ·
Has any body had trouble with the 2006 MXZ 600sdi Adren's top speed.
Just purchased this machine about 2 months ago and can't seem to get more that about 80mph. Also top rpm is only 7800 with the clutch set at click no.6??????

See less See more
#2 ·
tdb said:
Just purchased this machine about 2 months ago and can't seem to get more that about 80mph. Also top rpm is only 7800 with the clutch set at click no.6??????
[snapback]723828[/snapback]​
Sled has almost 900 miles....need help here....the Polaris machines...even the 500's are killing me on the open area's

#3 ·
Has it been like that from day one. If not May want to check spark plugs. Is it running rough.If not you may want to take it back to dealer, let them fix it.I just bought new 06 600hosdi few months ago and i am not having any trouble with it.That sled should do 100+.I am 200lb guy my speedo read 103. I dont know how accurate it is.I have not been clocked with radar gun yet.Good luck. I wish i could be of more help to you. I know with sdis if you let them idle too long they can foul plugs. good luck again

#4 ·
JDiMaria said:
Has it been like that from day one. If not May want to check spark plugs. Is it running rough.If not you may want to take it back to dealer, let them fix it.I just bought new 06 600hosdi few months ago and i am not having any trouble with it.That sled should do 100+.I am 200lb guy my speedo read 103. I dont know how accurate it is.I have not been clocked with radar gun yet.Good luck. I wish i could be of more help to you. I know with sdis if you let them idle too long they can foul plugs. good luck again
[snapback]723897[/snapback]​
The machine seems almost the same as when it started out..Seems like it has never broken it self in.

#5 ·
Bought my sled brand new got it broke in on our first time out in the U.P. Took it easy for the first 300 miles, then would open it up every now and then, saw 105 on the digital read out, guessing it was actually around 95-98 actual though. Dealer says it should run around 108 actual. I would like to think that it is possible but I am not sure. My clutch setting was at #4 when I got it, backed it off to #3.

#7 ·
Also you should check to make sure your primary is shifting all the way out. Take a permanent marker and draw 3 lines from the bottom of the sheave to the top. Take it out for a ride and really hammer on it a few times. Check to see how much of the line is remaining. You should be about 1/4 inch from the top of the sheave.

Other than that I would take it to the dealer....

Good luck

#8 ·
Get a new belt and see if that helps. I am thinking that you may have the wrong belt. If it is running good, it has to be clutch related.
-Good luck

#9 ·
It does have more than 300 miles and ten hours on it right? If not I think think the program doesn't let it loose until then. Check you track tension! If too tight that will drag ya down quite a bit too. Had mine to a buck with little over 300 miles so yes it will doo it-at least on the speedo.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Has it had its first check up ? if so take back to the dealer and have their top Tech do it again have them hook it up to their BUDs system to check for faults its still under warranty have them do it now before the end of the snow don't let it go till next year the snow might be late and your warranty will be done , you don't have to be an A$$ but be ferm good luck

#13 ·
boondocker01 said:
Has it had its first check up ? if so take back to the dealer and have their top Tech do it again have them hook it up to their BUDs system to check for faults its still under warranty have them do it now before the end of the snow don't let it go till next year the snow might be late and your warranty will be done , you don't have to be an A$$ but be ferm good luck
[snapback]724133[/snapback]​
Thanks for all the comments....I will start trying a couple of things....and will also talk to my dealer..

#17 ·
Should hit the century mark on hard pack, no problemo.......I have riden with about 4 600SDI's and all have been just a wee bit slower than my carb model........but right in the hunt........around 100 on my speeedo........which must be fairly accurate, cause GPS indicates about 97mph...

#18 ·
tdb said:
I had the exact same problem,,, You couldnt tell by looking at it, but my vacuum line melted from resting on the cycinder, thr casing only had a little melt spot, wich was barely noticeable, but the rubber hose inside melted in half and also melted both ends shut , so when it was on the computer, everything thing showed perfect... One vacuum line and you will only do 80mph, both lines damaged and you will only do about 65mph... That was my problem... BRP should have made the lines a little longer to keep them away from the top of the motor..

#19 ·
my wifes 04 gsx 600sdi runs great, 2500+ miles and only thing i've had to do is change 5 plugs, 2 after trailering it??? and 2 after she let it idle too long on cold morning[10 above for the low that nite]. but i've never seen any faster than 102mph on speedo which means about 95-98 realspeed
dono said:
tdb said:
I had the exact same problem,,, You couldnt tell by looking at it, but my vacuum line melted from resting on the cycinder, thr casing only had a little melt spot, wich was barely noticeable, but the rubber hose inside melted in half and also melted both ends shut , so when it was on the computer, everything thing showed perfect... One vacuum line and you will only do 80mph, both lines damaged and you will only do about 65mph... That was my problem... BRP should have made the lines a little longer to keep them away from the top of the motor..
[snapback]726964[/snapback]​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.