Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 01 mxz 800 and i took her for a run the other day and i found that when you are doing around 30 and 40km/h and stop she is idle high at 3100 and 3200 rpm and when u gives the throttle a quick press shewould idle down to 12 and 1300 rpms. I cleaned the carbs checked the throttle and choke cables and adjusted the idle screw and she is still doing the same thing. If anyones knows what is wrong or what they think is wrong please let me know.Thanks

·
SUPER DAVE
5,416 Posts
800 mxz said:
i got a 01 mxz 800 and i took her for a run the other day and i found that when you are doing around 30 and 40km/h and stop she is idle high at 3100 and 3200 rpm and when u gives the throttle a quick press shewould idle down to 12 and 1300 rpms. I cleaned the carbs checked the throttle and choke cables and adjusted the idle screw and she is still doing the same thing. If anyones knows what is wrong or what they think is wrong please let me know.Thanks
[snapback]689651[/snapback]​
Check the boots around the carbs if cracked she might be sucking air!
I had the same issue last season with my 2001 mxz800

·
Registered
523 Posts
800 mxz said:
[snapback]689651[/snapback]​
Check your boots and cages yet? Been known to delaminate around the reed cages. I've got a brand new set if you need them. PM me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts