Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase a 2004 MXZ X 800 H.O. Anything i should know about this sled? Im buying it for $4800, it has updated rings, and a new 1.75" track. Any problems or such with these that im not aware of? Just wanna make sure i get 'em fixed before i go ride it and something breaks or goes wrong. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, just so this isnt such a negative post, if anyone has one of these sleds, and has something good to say about it as well as bad, speak up. I am interested to hear about these.

·
Registered
731 Posts
if the rings have been changed to the chrome ones then you have a great sled there.
There a few things that can be done to make it better. Most 04/05 800HO's have a slight stumble at 4500rpm. to get rid of this- change the pilot jets to 20(17.5 stock) and change the reed spacer from 3/8 factory to 1/4"spacers. Thats about it. There are a bunch of other mods to improve its racing performance but as mentioned thats about all it NEEDS.

·
Registered
204 Posts
o'connor hit two of my three "must" list.

1) change pilots to 20's
2) change 3/8" reed spacers to 1/4"
3) change precision skis to something else! I have SLP powder pro's and love them. If you choose these skis, get very little carbide or they increase steering effort. I bought the 6" SLP carbides and when they were new, it is more than necessary. The ski keel is aggressive and will not push like the precision. If you don't replace the skis...watch out for loose snow or powder.

Nice to do:
Change secondary spring to a Red dalton. This improves backshift and keeps the engine more in the power band.

-Gear down 1 tooth on upper sprocket. It will increase your belt life some and improve acceleration.

ENJOY the power and torque of a ROTAX 800 HO. This engine and suspension is a blast to ride. Run high quality oil, remove carbs annually and clean the white residue off the carb boots, carefully inspecting the boots for tears.

DT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts