Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
take your airbox off and make sure your oil pump arm is bottoming out when you let off the throttle.they have been known to hangup and not close.loosen the cable and push it down.clean and oil (3 in 1oil).after you are sure it is bottoming then there should be a mark on the pump and the arm to line up.or, pump should bottom at idle and lift at the same time the carbs do but not before,that is where you will use to much oil if it lifts first,a little bit after is ok,good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rblscoot said:
take your airbox off and make sure your oil pump arm is bottoming out when you let off the throttle.they have been known to hangup and not close.loosen the cable and push it down.clean and oil (3 in 1oil).after you are sure it is bottoming then there should be a mark on the pump and the arm to line up.or, pump should bottom at idle and lift at the same time the carbs do but not before,that is where you will use to much oil if it lifts first,a little bit after is ok,good luck.
[snapback]736167[/snapback]​
Ok thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the exact problem with my 2004 800. I'm "edit for bad language" that right from new, either Mukuni or Bombardier, installed the small return spring on the pump incorrectly. Last year I rode 2000 miles and used over 8 jugs of oil. This year it got even worse. The return spring must hook on to the actuating lever of the pump onto the second little tab, not the first one. This gives it more tension and returns properly at idle instead of getting hung up in the middle. I looked at the blowup drawing of the pump to find this out. Bombardier owes me about 400 bucks worth of oil by now..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts