Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am working on my sons MXZ Millennial 700. Three years ago it ran great. Two years ago we discovered the fuel pump was shot. This is a high volume pump. No rebuild kits or pumps available so we bought a used one. The sled starts right up but as soon as you give it throttle it cuts out but continues at throttle. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15,659 Posts
https://www.denniskirk.com/fuel-systems/2000-ski-doo-mx-z-700-millennium-edition.mmy

This should be the rebuild kit for that pump. As well as the carb rebuild kit. Link has both...

Are you saying it "cuts out" and dies? Or just bogs, and then goes/builds RPM? The part you say "...but continues at throttle" is unclear (to me).

Could be carbs need a clean if some junk has gotten in them so the fuel delivery is hindered. If you didn't disassemble the pump I would do that (and for $9 replace with the rebuild kit, regardless) and see if the diaphragms are intact.

There is also a procedure to "suck and blow" on each inlet & outlet that can determine if the pump is working properly. I am 99% sure you cover the outlet with a finger, and suck/blow on the inlet. It should let you blow air and not let you suck air. The opposite goes for the outlet- cover the inlet and repeat. This can also help narrow down if the pump is faulty.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
15,659 Posts
Welcome to dootalk Bombardroad. Just fyi, it's Millennium. Your son may be a millennial. lol

doomillfull.jpg

PM your email if you need the shop manual. I'll send it.
Would take him up on this.

I have used the one you sent me for my sled dozens of times!

·
Administrator
54,541 Posts
Welcome to dootalk Bombardroad. Just fyi, it's Millennium. Your son may be a millennial. lol
doomillfull.jpg

PM your email if you need the shop manual. I'll send it.
Title fixed

Welcome to dooTalk Bombardroad!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Is that gas 3 years old also?

As mentioned a good carb cleaning and new gas is a great place to start. Check youtube for Mikuni Carb Cleaning. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts