Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help, i own a 2000 mxz 700 millenium . i have a problem with it running all the time . it starts and runs every time but continuously shuts off. sled always starts up took it to my local dealer and he cant figure it out ......... help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ckoz71 said:
water in the gas?
[snapback]294032[/snapback]​
all new gas....... dealer dealer said dpm was good computer was ok dess was working but installed new teather at first it wouldnt program but after a few tries it was ok

·
Registered
21 Posts
This may sound stupid, but what plugs do you have in it? I had that same problem last week, sled would start perfect but shut down after a few mintues. Turns out that i grabbed b9es plugs instead of br9es at the store. I don't know what the difference is but that was the problem with mine.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The difference between a B9ES and a BR9ES is that the BR9ES has a resistor in it. (hence the R) The resistor prevents RFI (radio frequency interference) and EMI (electromagnetic interference). Both of these can make for some quirky problems with electronic devices. (DESS, DPM, communicators, etc.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
ravenz670 said:
The difference between a B9ES and a BR9ES is that the BR9ES has a resistor in it. (hence the R) The resistor prevents RFI (radio frequency interference) and EMI (electromagnetic interference). Both of these can make for some quirky problems with electronic devices. (DESS, DPM, communicators, etc.)

[snapback]294462[/snapback]​
I just scrapped a trip with my MXZX800 2001.

We couldn't get it started--maybe only with 20-30 qick pulls. Pulled apart the airbox and carbs in the heated garage---there was no fuel to the carb.

So we rebuilt the fuel pump---still nothing.

The reed valves had disintegrated!!! Pieces were missing. SOnce compression drives the fuel pump, it wouldn't work.

3 dealers told be Skidoo had a problem with a series of valves manufactured in late 2000-early 2001 (mine is a very early 2001 --spring promotion special with x package)
As usual skidoo would NOT do anything since it was so far out of warranty. ONLY 2100 miles!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
00mxz800 said:
This may sound stupid, but what plugs do you have in it? I had that same problem last week, sled would start perfect but shut down after a few mintues. Turns out that i grabbed b9es plugs instead of br9es at the store. I don't know what the difference is but that was the problem with mine.
[snapback]294388[/snapback]​
as stupid as it sounded when i got to work this morning i check the plugs , and low and behold. it had b9es plugs i changed to br9es and problem solved back to running with not shut downs at all THANKS SO MUCH 00MXZ800 I ONLY WONDER WHY A SKI DOO DEALER COULD NOT FIGURE THIS OUT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts