Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi there,
I'm looking into buying a sled for the Mrs. and I've come upon a 2002 600 mxz for sale, it seems to be in very good condition but the colors of the sled have throw me off due to the fact that I've never seen one like this.

Above is a picture of a sled (hopefuly the link worked) let me know if they actually made a sled with this color scheme or if this one's just been pieced together.

Thanks in advance !
Lewis.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Interesting, I've never seen that color in an mxz either. Kind of like the older formulaZ colors. Curious what others have to say, but looks pretty nice either way. Seat looks like it came off a legend, I think they may have come in blue also?

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
I've seen that blue in a shorter track ZX Summit and it was stock. Looks pretty good in my opinion.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i'm really considering this sled, but I've never owned a zx, what are the known problems and known areas to look for wear/tare. I'm kinda jumping into this deal in the dark being that before I bought my rev I was a die-hard polaris guy, but now I'm partial to dooing it right

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've seen that blue in a shorter track ZX Summit and it was stock. Looks pretty good in my opinion.
Good call, definately have seen summits that color, didn't occur to me because I've never seen one with a short track.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good call, definately have seen summits that color, didn't occur to me because I've never seen one with a short track.
could this be a legend being mistakenly sold as a mxz ? i'm soo confused I've never seen a sled like this, ahaha.

·
Cat beater!
5,619 Posts
well it look's like a legend with alot of yellow added or a mxz with legend part's added.

here's a 2002 legend
Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
its defentily a legend with alot of yellow accessories, notice the chrome accents below the rotax600 sticker and around the brp badge is the same as the pic of the legend.

·
GTFOMW
1,044 Posts
It could be a Legend hood and seat on an MXZ or someone went through a lot of work trying to turn that into an MXZ. There are MXZ and Legends parts on there...call the dealer and run the VIN.

·
Tweak session time!
1,620 Posts
I would bet the VIN will indicate that it is the Legend with some accessories to make it appear somewhat like an MXZ. Regardless, it is a nice looking sled.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
I really like the sled even if it started out as a Legend! The legend is just a more plush version of the MXZ just like the old Formula Z was. IMO it's a unique sled that catches peoples attention. Realistically it's not that far off from a true MXZ.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I believe the 02 mxz would have had rebuildable shocks......the Legend would be throw aways,also I believe would have sc-10 rear skid maybe a sc-10II

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
You can see the SC10II skid but the shocks you can't.

·
Cat beater!
5,619 Posts
not all 02 mxz's had rebuildable shock's. now tell us what the price is.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not all 02 mxz's had rebuildable shock's. now tell us what the price is.
this sled is listed for 3800, says that it only has 1500k on it but something tells me that that's a typo and I haven't got to calling the guy back yet.

·
Registered
765 Posts
this sled is listed for 3800, says that it only has 1500k on it but something tells me that that's a typo and I haven't got to calling the guy back yet.
Wow!!! $3,800 is that US or Metric funds. LOL. If it's US, that seems high. You should be able to find a nice rev for that price. At least here in Upstate NY you can. Given the choice I would definitely go Rev.

If it is Canadian funds just ignore this post.

Layman

1 - 20 of 27 Posts