Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that the 00 and 01 pipe an muffler can be used on either year but you can not use a 01 on a 02 or 03. Why is this??? What was done to the sled those years, they are the same bore and stroke did they do something with timing and carbs!!!???

The women who answers the phone at Dyno Port says the same thing. Can't use their 02 pipe on the 01 because the 02 is a large volume pipe!!!??????

Michael

·
Registered
217 Posts
im pretty sure you can use the pipe for all years but the 00 and 01 pipe and silencer fit different then 02 and 03. So if you want a 01 pipe on a 02 you must change the silencer too.

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
sledguy0405 said:
im pretty sure you can use the pipe for all years but the 00 and 01 pipe and silencer fit different then 02 and 03. So if you want a 01 pipe on a 02 you must change the silencer too.
[snapback]705329[/snapback]​
Thats my understanding as well...

I think the '02 + have a different bend to them....

just my $0.12

love

·
Registered
235 Posts
mr_heritage said:
sledguy0405 said:
[snapback]705329[/snapback]​
Thats my understanding as well...

I think the '02 + have a different bend to them....

just my $0.12

love
[snapback]705356[/snapback]​
I believe the silencer exits the belly pan in a different spot from 01 to 02 so the exhaust would not line up with the hole also.

·
Registered
244 Posts
michimxzx hit it right on the head. i bought an 01 pipe for my 02 800 and it would not work. both the pipe and silencer are different and the 01's exit the bellypan in a slightly different spot. also, you cannot just put an 01 pipe and an 02 silencer together. my advice is if you are replacing your pipe, get the one for your exact year and model or you may be stuck with something that doesnt fit!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
moochdog said:
michimxzx hit it right on the head. i bought an 01 pipe for my 02 800 and it would not work. both the pipe and silencer are different and the 01's exit the bellypan in a slightly different spot. also, you cannot just put an 01 pipe and an 02 silencer together. my advice is if you are replacing your pipe, get the one for your exact year and model or you may be stuck with something that doesnt fit!
[snapback]705648[/snapback]​
I understand what you are saying about the different years not working together because of where the exhaust exits and the different Pipe length / bend but I was wondering if there was any advantage to putting a 02/03 stock or Dyno Port pipe on my 2000 motor. Just as the 670 HO was a diff. pipe and people made the switch because it was about 4 more hp. Did skidoo do any other changes to the sled Calibration for this pipe I.E. Timing or Jetting

As for where the 02 exits that is very easy to fix, just buy the little piece of sheet metal that rivets to the bulkhead area under the chain case for an 02 (part # 518322636 $18.47) and take the one off that is on the sled now.

The women at Dyno Port makes it sound as though the pipe from 02 will in no way work with any previous motor because it is so different. I don't know if she really knows what she is talking about though because if there 600 HO pipe can be used in the REV for a 700 transplant and they do not ask what year motor you are using what is the diff for a 01 to 02 !!!!?????

Michael M

·
Registered
244 Posts
for the work it would take to retrofit a stock exhaust from a different year you are better off just getting the dynoport for your year and model. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts