Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever put an inch and a half track on an mxz 670 HO. If so did it fit without hitting anywhere?

·
Registered
166 Posts
i have a 99 670 ho with a 1.5 paddle track. it doesnt hit BUT when i bought the sled it already had this track on it. it looks like the back mounting bolts on the tunnel have been dropped to the next lower hole and i dont know if they had to do anyting up around the bulkhead. i do know that you can make it work and i have heard of quite a few guys doing it. good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
It will fit, however keep in mind its only good if your riding in good snow conditions. Where I live its usually more ice and hardpack then powder. The lugs can really take a beating and usually rip off in these conditions. Best bet is to buy a ripsaw 1.25" track. Or a nice 1" that way you can still add studs later if needed. The ripsaw is best all around for most conditions..with or without studs.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Did it (1.65"), no problems. Love it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
dude look at some old posts. I swear i have read 10 of the same posts in the last 2 weeks. not that it matters but you can get your answer alot faster if you look in past days posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input? We just tried it and it hits right in the front. Looks like we'll have to drop down to an 8 tooth driver.

·
Registered
985 Posts
There is no way that an 1.5 hits in the front on a 670HO.
I ran a 1.75. I dont recomend it but the 1.5 works great with no mods.
You can remove the snow deflector at the front of the bulkhead if you like.
Gives the snow a little more room to get out. Drop the idlers one hole also.

DONT go to 8 tooth drivers!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
H.O.Rider said:
There is no way that an 1.5 hits in the front on a 670HO.
I ran a 1.75. I dont recomend it but the 1.5 works great with no mods.
You can remove the snow deflector at the front of the bulkhead if you like.
Gives the snow a little more room to get out. Drop the idlers one hole also.

DONT go to 8 tooth drivers!
[snapback]298490[/snapback]​
Are you talking about the triangular shaped piece of tin that is riveted at the bulkhead. If so what is the object of it if it doesn't need to be there. If it doesn't then sweet. Guess it will fit. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts