Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RS
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a few issues with my 550.

Issue 1: rpm needle seems to pick random rpms and stay around there.

#2 the sled is in Miles and I want it in KMs I've been told you can't hook the 550f upto Buds and there's a pin you pull or change

·
RS
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 2012 xp chassis

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
Not sure about changing to km.

Call your dealer. Not sure if the 550f hooks up to buds.

The irradic rpm needle may be a faulty tach wiring harness.

There was a recall about this.

Doo a search for 550f tach harness.

You should be able to find the bulletin issued by ski-doo.

·
RS
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't find anything on the tach recall.

·
RS
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone have a bulletin? I called the dealer and there's no recall apparently

·
RS
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help.. recall was only on the 2010 sleds... of course. But it's only $50 for the harness so I'd figure I'd get it.

Now to figure out how to get the gauge to metric

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,143 Posts
Take the sled to your dealership. They can convert from miles to kilometres through BUDS for you. My 2010 came with miles as the default and I didn't realize it until I got it home. Brought it back to the dealer and they did it while I waited.

As for the tach needle, mine was acting up at the end of last season and shortly after I found out my stator had a sliced ignition wire and had been arcing/grounding out intermittently (wires were routed incorrectly from factory and the magneto eventually severed the black ignition wire). Fixed the wire and it's been fine since. Might not be the same problem but just letting you know in case you can't find the cause elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts