Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finally got to put 60+ miles on the 2006 550 Fan ( go ahead &laugh), great litemachine, overly impressed over the previous 1995 mx and others. Great handling- steering and front, a little concerned on rear skid-- as the unmotion shocks
offer little on 1' rolling
whoops. Any body know if gas or what shock to upgrade to for a better ride, seems to be a little kick and back of skid seems kinda unbalanced w/ rest of machine, set blocks on 2 & 3, not much difference,?????
NIce to do the old power slides
I missed out on with the '95 lead sled. .\
Just lean a little in the turns and go. WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?

RIDE is Great, if you have any ideas for balance or better rear skid performance,, jot me a line....BY the way, I got it stopped before I flew into ( not over) the stone row @ 10 miles on it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My dad replaced his rear shock on his GSX (the same shock on your MXZ) with an HPG shock found on ADR models.

Huge improvement over stock. The regular shock costs $71 and the HPG costs $220.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just got an 06 mxz 550f xpackage... puttin 1.5" lugs on it and aaen silencer and pipe... any other mods i should do?

·
Registered
142 Posts
C.Kramer said:
if u don't mind me askin kuzitrin, how much was the can setup?
[snapback]693018[/snapback]​
It was around $250. I went ahead and bought the pipe also and had both ceramic coated. So I have around $675 into my exhaust now. Check out my thread again I put up a pic of the exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts