Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
21 BC Sport 146"
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I'm a "Seadoo guy"... So obviously I like the finger throttle! I don't hate the thumb throttle, I just think it's not that good sometimes.. Like when I get my self in to some tricky situations, and by instinct just garbing the handlebar needing my thumb to be able to hold on etc! (YES! I could also become a better rider.. but yeah!..:D ). Also I think the switching between Seadoo & Skidoo would be a smoother transition for me.. Anyway that's my reasons for switch it out!.. I've had it on order since April at my local dealer here in Sweden! Hope I get the possibility to buy it this year!

But I just realized that the heating is not so great right? But is it non existent or just a bit worse? :unsure:

Registered
I installed a finger throttle on my Rave over the summer. This will be my first year with a finger throttle, but any time I rode a 900 I flipped the throttle and liked it. Anyway, when I started it (in the trailer, mild day, no direct Sun light), the throttle was quite hot, equal to the heat from the grips. Hoping it works well this winter.

Registered
21 BC Sport 146"
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I see! At least there is some heat then. I got the BRP Flexible hand-guards that deflects some of the wind so I hope it will be good enough for me! :)

Thanks for the input guys!

Registered
While sitting in a trailer with no air flow it does get nice and warm.
I鈥檝e been running one 4 or 5 years now my experience has been when off-trail slow working hard type riding it鈥檚 fine but when I was trail riding in Canada the aluminum sucks all the heat up. I ended up using a gauntlet on my throttle side which helped. JMHO

Prospect
I ran the Munster finger throttle on my Yamaha Viper two winters ago and thought it heated just fine. Not sure how the Ski Doo heat controls work with the Munster, on the Yamaha there was only one heat setting. I never thought it was a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts