Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i have a few questions while im getting the sled ready for winter;

1: I recently painted my sled tunnel and removed my licence numbers to do this, they used to be on the left side of my tunnel where it was always covered by my boots while riding, It came that way stock but i dont think that was legal? anyways im just wondering the requirements for getting new numbers, (does it have to be on both sides, locations, how small can they be, color?) im going for an all black look with the sled so im trying to keep the stickers minimal, any info would be great!

2: I took the heat shield off of my exhaust pipe a few months ago as all of the insulation inside had burned off, and it was just causing an annoying rattling sound, anyways im wondering if it okay to be ran without this heatsheild, will it have an effect on anything major? Thanks

3: Wondering about C and A Pro skis, I really like the look of them and hear they are great for sled performance but the price is really turning me away from them, I think i would want to go with the xcs model, are they worth the money??

4: Is it legal to take the reflectors off of the sled? as i said above im going for a full black look and trying to get rid of all the yellow.

Attachments

·
Mr Top Whore
103,039 Posts
1. Yes you need the registration #s on both sides of the hood and you must use the reg #s that are on your ownership given to your sled when you registered it.

2. Yes you can run the sled without the heat shield if you want. My insulation was gone on my sled as well but I put house insulation on mine and put the shields back on.....not sure if you can still buy new insulation from Doo anymore?

3. C&A skis are nice but Ive never used them so have no input on them.

4. Legally you do need to have reflectors on your sled. You could by the black 3M reflector tape though, not sure if its legal but it would be better than nothing.

Here is a link fr custom reg #s

http://www.paudashtrailblazers.on.ca/permits/safety/using-custom-numbers-on-your-sled-in-ontario/

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
that is a nice lookin zx , i would wrap the pipe myself or insulate it one way or another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Yeah, wrapping the pipes sounds like a good idea. They get hotter, faster when wrapped/insulated and I think this a performance function.

Might want to research the number and reflector issue. Most areas differ in reg's. For numbers, size and location matters. For reflective strips, thinking color on the front vs the back matters also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Yes you need the registration #s on both sides of the hood and you must use the reg #s that are on your ownership given to your sled when you registered it.

2. Yes you can run the sled without the heat shield if you want. My insulation was gone on my sled as well but I put house insulation on mine and put the shields back on.....not sure if you can still buy new insulation from Doo anymore?

3. C&A skis are nice but Ive never used them so have no input on them.

4. Legally you do need to have reflectors on your sled. You could by the black 3M reflector tape though, not sure if its legal but it would be better than nothing.

Here is a link fr custom reg #s

http://www.paudashtrailblazers.on.ca/permits/safety/using-custom-numbers-on-your-sled-in-ontario/
Thanks for the tips, Hopefully i can get some numbers made up that will go with the black theme while still being fairly visible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts