Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Doo a search on "Switches". You will see a post called "I hate the control box", or something like that. I think the topic starter was snowmachine AK. It was on a '05 REV.

Irondog posted the wiring diagram... Thanks Irondog!

Good Luck

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's a couple tips to make it easier.

Don't just cut an splice the wires. Remove the pins from the plugs and install new pins on the ends of the new 440 style switches, then insert the pins in the plugs.

You can get new pins, switches and everything you need from your dealer. Just ask for the 440 light, and kill switches, the ZX chassis toggle switches and rubber nipples for the hand and thumb warmers and the rubber RER button from the ZX chassis. You can buy male and female spade connectors at your local hardware store.

Here's how to remove the pins from the plugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Here's a couple tips to make it easier.

Don't just cut an splice the wires. Remove the pins from the plugs and install new pins on the ends of the new 440 style switches, then insert the pins in the plugs.

You can get new pins, switches and everything you need from your dealer. Just ask for the 440 light, and kill switches, the ZX chassis toggle switches and rubber nipples for the hand and thumb warmers and the rubber RER button from the ZX chassis. You can buy male and female spade connectors at your local hardware store.

Here's how to remove the pins from the plugs.
Very nice...so the numbering sequence that you provided in the chart...does that correspoind with position in the housing in this pic? Sorry for asking so many questions on this and THANKS for the link...but when you are color blind...I can about only figure out black and white

·
sledhead
2,241 Posts
yup, i mounted the switch cluster in between my fly riser arms......looked goofy and moved around a bit

next time ill wire up a bunch switches.....make it look like a spaceship

Irondog - how come that pic is B&W?....how long have you had that camera
....thanks for the illustrated help as always

·
Registered
151 Posts
yup, i mounted the switch cluster in between my fly riser arms......looked goofy and moved around a bit

next time ill wire up a bunch switches.....make it look like a spaceship

Irondog - how come that pic is B&W?....how long have you had that camera
....thanks for the illustrated help as always
That B&W pic is from my shop manual CD.

You know, I ought to make a few of the wire harnesses up, complete with the switches and all and sell them. It would take you like 2 minutest to disconnect your plug and switch block and then plug in the new harness with all the switches. All you'd have to do is drill a couple holes in your console and mount the switches.

What would you pay for something like that?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The switches from doo are a rip off. i bought all that stuff for under 50 bucks.
Go to any local electronics store (not the box stores) and you can get identical switches for under $10 each.
making a kit is a good idea though.
Well I tried that first, the toggle switches I bought at an electronics store were crap. When I screwed the rubber nipples onto them they wouldn't even stay in the "on" position. The switches from BRP are at least quality switches.

Remember this - cheaper isn't necessarily better. The same product for less is a good deal. I've finally learnt that over the years.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.