Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the Doo Mountain Pilots on their Gade?If so how do they work on and off the trail.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
The guys I ride with out here have them on their summits and like them on and offtrail

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I rode with guys this weekend with Gades with the old style mountain ski and they work good in both conditions. Courious about the Mountain Pilots.

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
Get a set of Mods skis from Rene. I've got a set on my standard track Rev for mountain riding. There is not a mountain ski that comes remotely close including powder pros, simmons and especially the mountain pilots (joke). Do a search in the mountain forum for more info. The only ski that might come close would be slydogs (heard good things) but I haven't tried those so can't comment.

Have Fun,

G MAN

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I have them on my 1000 Gade and they work awesome in all type of conditions...Turn great, fast, slow...etc...I even participated in Cross Country with my Gade and they work great in all type of conditions...

Also had SLP PPs with Sno Cross carbides...Good in deep staff, turn even better then MODS...good for racing but almost dangerous on iced crusted snow and dart a lot...Wish I has for Cross Country...

Have Mods on my 800 Gade NOW...Float better the SLP but also push more the SLP on loose snow...Less agressive, good for bondiking...OK on hard packed would prefer more bite...so I ordered 8 inch carbiges for them...

Over all...its all depends what you want them for...I think MODS will work great in all types of the conditions with more agressive 6-8 inch carbides for ME...

Pilots 6.9 is something btw SLP and MODS...each has it UP and Downs...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why? Is the extra weight that noticeable? Do you have same tracks on both? How does the off trail power compare? Not that I am thinking about a 1000 just interested thanks.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
skidoo said:
The guys I ride with out here have them on their summits and like them on and offtrail
[snapback]703448[/snapback]​
My 06 Summit has 'em, they're a great ski for me and my sled and our riding conditions.

Great on trails, loose powder, ice...

·
Registered
264 Posts
In europe all gades have 6,9 pilots. Only the Mxz 121" uses 5,7 pilot.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have them on my Summit and they are AWESOME. They work great in the powder on on the trail. They are the best in cut up crud though. They slice when you want them to and float when you need them to. Best ski I have ever tried. I would put them on a Renegade without thinking twice about it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
i've got a set of like new Mountain skis off my 04 summit (they've got 0.1 miles on them....driven on the trailer at the dealer, and off the trailer into my garage when I got home)

$110 + Shipping and they're yours!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
DRZAP said:
Why? Is the extra weight that noticeable? Do you have same tracks on both? How does the off trail power compare? Not that I am thinking about a 1000 just interested thanks.
[snapback]708406[/snapback]​
Yes...the weght is noticable...same track on both...

800 does better in deep staff (less weight, front stay on top better)...Just goes more easy throught snow...climbs better and more easy to manevour...

1000 due to lower front end is more stable in corners, 800 is better for bondoking and better to jump...

Bend all arbides on both pilots...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts