Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Motorcycling and Doo's

2K views 52 replies 44 participants last post by  TILLER 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just wondering how many motorcycle enthusiasts are also Doo owners?

Perhaps those who own racing sleds also ride sport bikes and/or dirt bikes? Or those who own a sled for the trails also own a cruiser/touring bike?

See less See more
#4 ·
Had 86 Harley Sportster 883 punched to 1220 and very fast for a Harley. WOuld beat CBR to 100. Now 2001 Suzuki SV650 for riding around town.

#14 ·
frostyy said:
Just wondering how many motorcycle enthusiasts are also Doo owners? I currently ride a '04 Harley FLSTCI (Heritage Softail Classic). Do you racers also ride Sport bikes and/or dirt bikes? Or perhaps there's some sort of relationship between owning a cruiser and a trail/touring sled?

[snapback]295432[/snapback]​
Mine is a 2000 R1150 GS, more like a REV than my MXZ ...!

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
I raced ATV`s from when there where only 3 wheelers, 1986-2001, through the transition to only quads. Rode dirt-bikes, ATV`s and sleds more than half my life. There may be a new MX bike in my future, but my dream is to find a 1988 Honda Fourtrax 250R that someone forgot about in a barn somewhere. Only that year will doo. I have owned several and now that I am older I need one to feel the "Golden years" again.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
frostyy said:
Just wondering how many motorcycle enthusiasts are also Doo owners? I currently ride a '04 Harley FLSTCI (Heritage Softail Classic). Do you racers also ride Sport bikes and/or dirt bikes? Or perhaps there's some sort of relationship between owning a cruiser and a trail/touring sled?

Motocross for many years, and plenty of crotch rockets.

Attachments

#22 ·
frostyy said:

2002 Ducati 998 for the street, MXZ550f and GTX380f for the snow, believe it or not.

#24 ·
i have a slightly tweaked(in a good way) 83 Honda CB1100F that ive had for 14 years, my uncle owned it for 5 prior to me buying it from him. i also have another complete undamaged frame in my basement, lost title though
my very first bike(13 years old) was a old yammi 250 enduro, from that i graduated to a yammi 490YZ(15 years old), then i went to the bike mentioned above for street use, then wanted a small cruiser type bike so i bought my buddy's 82 yammi XJ650 Maxim. but by far, my biggest pride is in my Honda, next to my sled of course.

#25 ·
frostyy said:

I enjoy my Bike in the little bit of summer we have up here in Alaska. And I think you might be right about the cruisers and the touring sleds. I have a 2003 Mxz-x 800 for the winter and a Ducati 996 for the summer.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.