Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, for those that have experience, how hard is it to set up and get reliable performance from a Boss Nos set up? I am thinking about doing this with my 05 Renegade 800 P-Tek, mostly for S&Gs but also for the occasional drag with friends and some powder hill climbing.

My thoughts are that if I can get a 20 or 40 hp shot of NOS and get it when I want it, and it is reliable, I would rather do that then tear the motor down and mess with it. For general trail riding, I find the 800 motor more than sufficient.

Also, what about set up with the Boss Nos or other systems? Is it difficult? What about jetting? I am assuming that only the main jets would really need the changing, if any, as I only plan on using the Nos when WFO. It seems this would be easier to tune than an 840 SHR

What are your thoughts? Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Tweener on dootalk has mest with NOS. A friend of mine uses the standard Boss Nos system, it does work, but to utilize the nos in a hard drag race you should clutch the machine for it. The nice part about beating your buds with a big bore is they can not tell it is there. The NOS will be the excuse, when you win the race, he was on the NOS. If you are racing some big iron go for the NOS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts