Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh the joys of buying used, went for a rip on the sled this morning. 98 mxz 670. i like to take a look around the sled every couple rides to see if theres stuff loose worn leaks etc.. especially since i just bought this sled a few weeks ago it runs awesome seems to handle great and has lots of power.

BUT today i was looking and noticed that the motor was a bit loose. the rear right hand side of the motor were the motor mount bracket bolts to the motor, the bolt is missing. mount is there and in good shape and so is the bracket, ANyONE KNOW? the bolt size? i looked up the part number and im seeing m8x25 make sense?? its the number 28 on the chart attached part number reads (207182544)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Should be able to go to the hardware store and grab one. M8x1.25 pitch 25mm long is what you need. Probably a couple drops of blue loctite to keep it tight. You might even fish the old one out from ender the motor if you have a magnet ;)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Probly find a few other things under there.lol. Surprised the stuff I found under mine. I think by the number of o rings and the pucks that go in the clutch its had at least 2 clutches blow up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha yeah i found a few exhaust springs and some bolts from the recoil (that were flling out because they werent the right type of thread) about 10 of them lol. again joys of buying used..

thanks stealth bomber! i got the bolt at the hardware store and put it in this morning motors nice n tight and has a bit more torque :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts