Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am 14 yrs old and decided to race moto-x this year. I love snowmobiling more than anything and I want to sno-x race also. I can't do both because its way to expensive for some of us. What would you guys choose and why? Also in your own opinion which is more cheaper. I wouldnt be racing every weekend maybe 2 weeks in a row and a week off. I jus want to know which one to do. I am the kind of kid that always needs a big toy. I got my 1st dirt bike at age 7 and 1st snowmoible at age 7 or 8 which was a 440lc blizzard...(o yea) Now I want to do both. If I started sno-x it would be the 05-06 season. I am racing moto-x this year unless I decide to race sno-x so I can save my penneis over the summer. Well can you please help me out.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
SNOX and MOTX are basically the SAME price(expenses)..no two ways about it...Since there the same price basically, do SNOX!

·
Registered
260 Posts
440man said:
SNOX and MOTX are basically the SAME price(expenses)..no two ways about it...Since there the same price basically, do SNOX!
[snapback]295621[/snapback]​
Are Sure about that? How much does it cost to enter a Sno X race? It cost $17 -$20 and a $5-$7 gate fee to race MX.

A year old 250F $4000-$4500 a new one $5200-$5500

A Year old 450F $4800-$5200 a new one $5800-$6200

When a MX bike cart wheels out your hands maybe levers and bars a Snowmobile Tunnel, Hood, Bars.

·
Registered
191 Posts
sell ur bike n get a race sled and try snox and that is how i would make up my mind, u tried motox and now try snox,
i raced my first snox race last weekend and i love it. i cant wait to do it again.

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody want to buy a 2000 honda cr250r? Or trade

·
Registered
54 Posts
THERE BOTH FUN, BUT YOU GET ALOT MORE USE OUT OF A DIRT BIKE THAN A SLED. MX IS CHEAPER OVERALL(IE: MOST TIME YOU CAN CAMP OUT IN THE SUMMER, SNOCROSS MOTEL EXPENSES, MX TRACKS ARE MORE ABUNDENT AND PROBABLY CLOSER TO HOME, TRAVEL IS USUALLY SAFER I DONT REMEMBER ANY SNOW STORMS DURING MX SEASON) THERE ARE OTHER REASONS AS WELL. I WOULD FIND A FREIND WHO SNOX'S THEN USE THEIR SLED FOR A WEEKEND TO GIVE IT A TRY. I AM A SNO X RACER I LOVE SNOWMOBILING SO I ENJOY SNOX, I DOESNT HURT THAT I SUCK AT RIDING A DIRT BIKE EITHER. JUST MY 2CENTS

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moto-x season starts in 2 1/2 months so I'm making my mind up soon.

·
skidlid
603 Posts
Got my first bike at age 10 first sled at 14. Raced motocross for the last 13 years snocross since 97. If money is a problem motocross is cheaper. Sleds cost more originally depreciate more over one year, get damaged more, and race registration costs about 3 times more than one class of bikes. Do not get me wrong love snocross but just get tired of the costs related to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Moto-X is way cheaper. You don't need a huge rig to haul around all your stuff. It's warmer, cheaper (you can get a used bike for under $3000.00 if you look) and you can be competitive on an older bike (2-3 years) On an older sled you are simply out matched. Snocross is awesome, but if I could only choose one then I would choose moto-x because the girls wear less clothing in the summer than they do in the winter and that makes it all worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts