Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago, i couldnt hook at all!!!!

i read some doo talk, and did alot of what i read, it worked great, but is there anything else i can do??

this is what i have.
144 pick, 48 woodies chissle, and the rest are gold diggers, center shock 1 click from its stiffest setting, rear thing on the top (think its rebound??) 1 click from stiffist setting, coupler blocks, 1 click from all track grip, and rear blocks flipped up, limmiter straps 1 hole looser then stock, and front shocks loose.

what more can i do to hook?

i was hooking pretty well, it would carry the ski's up to 40-60 mph about 1-2 feet.

playing around i was able for some ok wheelies, but what more can i do?

i see some guys almost flip the things like a quad, and i tried and just couldnt.
the stuff above helped alot tho!!!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
noyzee said:

i read some doo talk, and did alot of what i read, it worked great, but is there anything else i can do??

this is what i have.
144 pick, 48 woodies chissle, and the rest are gold diggers, center shock 1 click from its stiffest setting, rear thing on the top (think its rebound??) 1 click from stiffist setting, coupler blocks, 1 click from all track grip, and rear blocks flipped up, limmiter straps 1 hole looser then stock, and front shocks loose.

i was hooking pretty well, it would carry the ski's up to 40-60 mph about 1-2 feet.

i see some guys almost flip the things like a quad, and i tried and just couldnt.

[snapback]701109[/snapback]​
set your front shocks to a stiffer setting, this will bring the front of the sled to a higher starting point for the "hole shot". (help you wheelie!)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigf150 said:
noyzee said:

this is what i have.

[snapback]701109[/snapback]​
set your front shocks to a stiffer setting, this will bring the front of the sled to a higher starting point for the "hole shot". (help you wheelie!)
[snapback]701134[/snapback]​
i tried that, but it didnt work, i went as tight as i could, and it didnt work.

it was slushy, and a few guys could hook real good. i will try it again.

i set up drag cars, and i know them inside and out, but hooking in snow/ice, im confused. lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been having the same problem with my 04 600HO. I tried many of the same things you mentioned. I was studded 144 down the middle, but pushed the center studs to the outside. It made an improvement, and now I threw 24 more down the middle to bring it to 168 total. I haven't tried it yet, but I will this weekend. I'll let you know how it does.

I decided to go to the outside and then add more after I had my a-- handed to me by a fusion and F6 on an icy lake. They hooked, I didn't! On a good packed trail I did just fine, but it's on the lakes when you can really let em rip!

I hope I have found the right combination. BTW have you tried riding an 06 with the SC4 yet? It rips out of the hole unstudded right along side of me!

Hammer

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HammeringHank said:
I have been having the same problem with my 04 600HO. I tried many of the same things you mentioned. I was studded 144 down the middle, but pushed the center studs to the outside. It made an improvement, and now I threw 24 more down the middle to bring it to 168 total. I haven't tried it yet, but I will this weekend. I'll let you know how it does.

I decided to go to the outside and then add more after I had my a-- handed to me by a fusion and F6 on an icy lake. They hooked, I didn't! On a good packed trail I did just fine, but it's on the lakes when you can really let em rip!

I hope I have found the right combination. BTW have you tried riding an 06 with the SC4 yet? It rips out of the hole unstudded right along side of me!

Hammer
[snapback]701259[/snapback]​
we got kiled by a polaris 440, it was fast as sh&%!!! and also a 900, but it was modded.
i just want to hook some.
if the center with the outer work, let me know, i will add some more!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Noyzee,

I haven't been able to get back in a while, but the extra picks helped a little more, but it just doesn't hook up like the others out there! My buddies 06 500SS with no studs still jumps out with or ahead of me when we are on good packed trails.

Your call, but the studs on the outside did help the most.

Hammer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts