Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everone just wondering if a can would make much difference in power or are they more for sound,,,this is for my 2011 550 fan renegade,,love this sled compared to my grand touring 583 thanks again

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Cans provide no performance/power gains. They simply are more lightweight...so that is kinda a performance gain. But other than typically being lighter than the stock muffler, they just make your sled louder.

It will sound faster...if that counts?

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Cans provide no performance/power gains. They simply are more lightweight...so that is kinda a performance gain. But other than typically being lighter than the stock muffler, they just make your sled louder.

It will sound faster...if that counts?
x2

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Moat people on here dont like cans because stupid people get the trails closed by red-lining it at 3:00 in the morning on private property. As for performance gains, little to none. They doo shave weight though.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
they are more for sound and shaving weight, so if thats not what you are looking for then "dont waste your money"
X2!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
weve all been down this road before, now unless all you guys out there want to call cudney a fraud and a liar,because on his website it clearly says more horsepower for his can he sells, and ive ask proof many times before from the guys that say they dont but cant produce any dyno numbers, so lets see some real dyno numbers instead of hearsay
Not calling Bill a liar, dyno's do show a gain.

The deal is you'll never be able to even tell on the snow, it's such a minuscule gain it doesn't even register on the set-o-the-pants meter. And for the problems they cause with the non-sledding community and even the sledding community with the higher noise. Noise pollution is the number one tool used by groups that fight to close trails and riding areas - THAT"S A FACT! Just ask anyone that actually goes to meetings, public hearings and fights to keep the trails open. I've been on the forefront of the battle far to long to not now this myself. People can ignore it all they want to - but the plain and simple truth is loud sleds do close trails. The noise has successfully been used as a reason to close snowmobile access more then any other reason. The American Snowmobile Association, Blue Ribbon Collation and many other snowmobile organizations recognize and know this. All the snowmobile associations are also against cans and noise - it's ruining our sport. That's all I have to say about that! Not going to debate it - it's a waste of time, get the clue people your loud can is ruining our sport. Because this is a recreational sport done in the wilderness - not downtown or the highway. So the argument that Harley's are loud is pointless in this discussion. People want their wilderness experience quite - not loud echoing braaaping sounds. If we eliminate the loud noise the groups will have little to fight against us with, because our sleds meet or exceed the EPA pollution requirements, we don't tear up the land and we have a right to use the public land in a way that doesn't interfere with others enjoyment, if we're too loud we're interfering with their rights too.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sucks you guys have to worry about trails. I don't have to worry about any being shut down from noise at the moment and I ride smart with my can and keep it down around neighborhoods and houses that the trail runs close too. I get the best of both Worlds

Now I remember years ago when I was stupid with noise but it only lasted part of a season and I just grew up. I keep finding it harder and harder to believe that people are that dumb with these things. Obviously people don't want to hear BRRRRAAAAPPPP at 3:00am when they have kids asleep for school
I will count everyday a blessing for riding because I know eventually I will have to worry about trails. For now......I'm lucky.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I see where some of these can haters are coming from, not a day goes by I don't see 15 new can threads around here. I use to jump in each one and say my peace since many can haters are ignorant and don't understand (actual dyno numbers and just spouting off) but my time is done. I'm done jumping in on these threads because it is pointless and just causes more confusion and arguements. I now understand one of (probably many) reasons Irondog sports the "Can Hater" under his name. If I was a mod, I'd just go on to lock every new one but then they would get flooded with PM's. Its a no win battle
Wish some would use the search function

·
Can Thread Patrol
3,971 Posts
i tend to sleep better when i hear a Piped/canned triple scream down the road in the middle of the night.....but when a canned twin goes by its like a horrible nightmare.....im gonna put a sign in front of my house that says "TRIPLE OR GTFO"

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
While that exact part is ironic, alot of the advertisers here sell more then just cans. They may advertise the cans on an ad but when you enter their site, you will see everything from shocks to tracks. Can't blame Dootalk either because the mods don't own this site (Not sure who does but..
) So Dootalk needs sponsors to continue to run even if the majority of the people dislike something that is sold.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts