Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to vent!!! over the past couple years I have repaired over 20 wrecked Doo's. I have spent over $10.000 in parts at one dealer in one year, do you think for one moment the dealers could stock more than, belts, plugs and oil. I'm sick of haveing a sled apart for a week waiting for PARTS!! I live in northern MICH. and have 3 dealers with in 25 miles, you think one could carry a, nun, front plate, bumper, a arms, ect. Not one!!!! I ask them, how many they sell, Oh, half dozen or so.... and you cant stock one?? I called Engles in NY, and they had 8 crossmembers , [ nuns], in stock. I spent $ 55.00 dollers next DAY air to get my parts !. now I stock, a nun, bumper, front plate, front plate for the frame, belly pan and more!! If you ride a DOO, and live in northern Mich. and want to ride instead of wait for parts, call 231 947 4599 Brian. I buy wrecked REV's !!!! Thanks , tell me about your DEALERS please! PS. 440 nuns are cheaper than stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
Took out my lower A-arm on the Dootalk Grand Marias ride last year. Dropped it off at 10am at Dee's in Clinton Township and it was read by 5pm that day.
 

·
Fanny
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
Hey at least your dealer has paid their bills and can afford to ORDER IN items....... nope not ours.. but didnt find that out til well.... gee.... Robins decals still hadnt come in 5 weeks after being ordered..... and I finally walked in the door to get an answer.......

Your still better off then we are.

Theres more...... But Ill stop before I get started!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
I couldn't agree more. The dealers here have an order everything mentality. Step up to the plate and be a stocking dealership. If you build it they will come. Grey Fox.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
when my sled was new i had to go to the cat dealer to get spark plugs for my rev. better yet the cat dealer gave me a discount. guess where i bought my 4 wheler this summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,113 Posts
they really do suck... !!

but in their defense its an odd business, selling $10,000 machines guys can use 3 months a year if they are lucky.. floor plan commitiments before you know if there is going to be snow... etc.

not sticking up for them cause no one hates it anymore than I doo but it is understandable... not sure why anyone would even eant to sell snowmobiles.. its just too much of a gamble!

most areas (if your lucky) have ONE good dealer and the smaller dealers use them for parts too and that adds to the parts shortage!

in CNY there is ONE good dealer and about 15 wannabees... I am lucky to live not to far from them but I know guys that come from PA to go there!

best of luck and I hope the "venting" helped! it usually does


BTW - If you spent 10K on parts in a season you should become a dealer... cannot believe these small dealers purchase anywhere near 10K$ in parts!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Just the opposite here. My dealer always has what I need, and if they don't they have it in three days - no extra charge for freight either. I think they stock extra nuns just for me


The last ride of my R&R I balled my sled up and lost my hood, consol, head light, handle bars, riser, steering column and brake microswitch. On the way home I stopped into my dealer and they had it all in stock - they couldn't believe I didn't need another nun though
I had it all fixed that night.

AMDS is the greatest in my book, it's the people that work there that make it the best IMAO.
 

·
Fanny
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
I disagree with you Viper.

I dont care how long someone can ride something they purchase from a dealer. Most dealers have summer and winter atv's etc. Winter stock winter items summer stock summer items. Gonna get stuck with it? blow it out at lower prices.
I know they dont make much on the actual sled sales but if you treat customers well they will come back and you will make money on the other accessories.

If you treat people well.... and have what they need or work to have it in.... You can make a killing on parts, gear etc....

Sheesh I almost died when trying to get Robins bushings in..... almost 7 buxs for a peice of plastic that fits on my ring finger...... WOW.

Its really annoying to have a dealer here and have it be totally useless.
What was really annoying was calling and have them say oh its not in yet.... then finally trot my butt in there and get the answer that they hadnt even been ORDERED yet.

Gonna be bold here and put a shout out for Cindy at Enns Brothers.
SHES AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! ANd listening to my complaining many times!!! WHAT A GREAT WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Very helpful and going out of her way to help get what we need. Wish she was closer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
BrianC said:
Need to vent!!! over the past couple years I have repaired over 20 wrecked Doo's. I have spent over $10.000 in parts at one dealer in one year, do you think for one moment the dealers could stock more than, belts, plugs and oil. I'm sick of haveing a sled apart for a week waiting for PARTS!! I live in northern MICH. and have 3 dealers with in 25 miles, you think one could carry a, nun, front plate, bumper, a arms, ect. Not one!!!! I ask them, how many they sell, Oh, half dozen or so.... and you cant stock one?? I called Engles in NY, and they had 8 crossmembers , [ nuns], in stock. I spent $ 55.00 dollers next DAY air to get my parts !. now I stock, a nun, bumper, front plate, front plate for the frame, belly pan and more!! If you ride a DOO, and live in northern Mich. and want to ride instead of wait for parts, call 231 947 4599 Brian. I buy wrecked REV's !!!! Thanks , tell me about your DEALERS please! PS. 440 nuns are cheaper than stock.
[snapback]705789[/snapback]​
Its not just the dealers.BRP isnt any better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
I disagree with you Viper.

I dont care how long someone can ride something they purchase from a dealer. Most dealers have summer and winter atv's etc. Winter stock winter items summer stock summer items. Gonna get stuck with it? blow it out at lower prices.
I know they dont make much on the actual sled sales but if you treat customers well they will come back and you will make money on the other accessories.

If you treat people well.... and have what they need or work to have it in.... You can make a killing on parts, gear etc....

Sheesh I almost died when trying to get Robins bushings in..... almost 7 buxs for a peice of plastic that fits on my ring finger...... WOW.

Its really annoying to have a dealer here and have it be totally useless.
What was really annoying was calling and have them say oh its not in yet.... then finally trot my butt in there and get the answer that they hadnt even been ORDERED yet.

Gonna be bold here and put a shout out for Cindy at Enns Brothers.
SHES AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! ANd listening to my complaining many times!!! WHAT A GREAT WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Very helpful and going out of her way to help get what we need. Wish she was closer
[snapback]706311[/snapback]​
I'll have to aggree with you here.Its kinda silly that you have to buy your plugs at an Artic Cat dealer like the person in the previous post mentioned. I goes to show you what these dealers are putting out. Now based on the negative replies about dealers,BRP, and some of Skidoo's products you would think that BRP would set the bar kinda high for Skdioo dealers even to have a liscence to sell. Ford has their blue oval awards along with GM Chrysler and ahumm...Honda ( man I have a hard time with that word). Why not the recreational industry?. That would be if the put some balls behind their programs thought. Maybe I just answered my own question Maybe BRP doesnt put their dealers through this program because alot of them would fail.The posts here illustrate that quite clearly.
I also think BRP isnt much better, as the tend no to keep their inventory for parts rather scarce.( I was told today that there was no avaliability for front srings for my 1997 Mach). My friend's 500 SS locked up with 8 miles on it.Piston circlip came out and the wrist pin logged itself.It took the dealer 3 weeks to get a engine and install it. Thats not a bad turnaround is it. Mean will he's running around on his son's Elan. Not a bad deal for putting $10,000.00 for a peice of winter wonderland.
Sorry for the lenghty reply. My two cents usally takes some space.
 

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
Joined
·
8,136 Posts
My Cousin Lives in Northern MI as well, (Mancelona) but he has Purshased his last 3 sleds From Dee's Marine in Clinton Twp MI (SE Lower MI), and has all major service done there as well. Goes to show how far one is willing to go for a Quality Dealer. I drive over an Hour My self to go to Dee's, Passing 2 other Doo Dealers on the Way. Dee's has one of the larger invintorys of parts and accessorys in the state.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
I believe I have a good dealer and like to think I'm pretty tight with them.They recently took on artic cat and I have been giveing them crap ever since.I had a chance this summer and sit down with them and B.S. , they are ski doo die hards but had switched to racing artic cat.They began to tell me just how very,very difficult ski doo as a company are to deal with,their rep is ok is corporate ski doo they hate, and how easy A.C. is and gives them the support they need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,911 Posts
We used to be a doo dealer,it is hard to stock big dollar parts that you dont know will ever sell,the fact that brian c said there was 3 doo dealers within 25 miles of each other is a very disturbing concept,while it does breed great competition and that favors the consumer it also hurts dealers that are trying to make a living at a buisness that is already tough enough,we sold only 40 sleds on the average year and alweays had a couple leftovers to play with,then bombar said to step it up and order 80 sleds,there just wasnt anyway we could sell that many in our location,so we were told they would set up another dealer in the next town 15miles away,so we told them to GFT's.i geuss my point is that stocking hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory can kill the average dealer ,if bombar would have a better wharehousing platform and have a few facilities instead of one you could get your parts the next day and not pay next day charges, sorry for rambling. todd
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,368 Posts
dyna-tek racing said:
if bombar would have a better wharehousing platform and have a few facilities instead of one you could get your parts the next day and not pay next day charges, sorry for rambling. todd
[snapback]706470[/snapback]​
John Deere has this type of set-up. Anyone know if John Deere is successful?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
I have 3 dealers in my area and just about every part I have ever needed had to be ordered. To make it worse 1 dealer won't take any orders over the phone even with a credit card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
Dees marine is the best.Fix my sled with in 24 hours.Piston, reed boot and cyl.I didnt even buy the sled there.Next sled go to come from them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
I switched dealers this past year. Didn't like the customer non-appreciation I rec'd from the dealer that I drive by every day to work. My new dealer is still only 30 km away, George's Sport & Marine in Eganville, (they have a store in Carp near Ottawa, Ontario too!) They have been great. Always friendly, always able to get parts in just a couple of days, and no hassles. These guys switched from being a Polaris and Arctic Cat dealer to Bombi 2 years ago, and last year got the silver accredation from BRP. The plaque looks impressive.

My $0.02!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
The fish and hunt shop in curtis mi. has had every part I needed when up there riding. Everytime someone in our group needs something they have it even for older sleds. All the dealers around me(s.e. michigan) They have to order it everytime. I cant stand to hear we have to order it I want the parts now. I dont like to wait.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top